Fall Membership Meeting, Fall 2012
2012 MnGCA Fall Meeting and Officers Election
The meeting was called to order by President, Teri Anderson, aka Mrs. Mizzou a little after 1:00pm at Bassett Creek Park in Crystal, MN.
• Teri thanked the Event Committee for their hard work and great job of putting the Event together: WestSideDaddy (Chris), Red_Devil35(Kirsten), TonkaMN (Ted), MamaDuck-24 (Deborah), and Racettes (Dave). A round of applause was also held for Butcher’s burgers.
• Teri brought forward the fact that the Board receives several requests for volunteers throughout the year from Park Boards, schools, businesses, etc who are interested in geocaching. We are having a problem fulfilling these requests as there just aren’t enough people who are able to help out. The same few people seem to be doing all the work. Please check out the Forum under “Volunteer Opportunities” as this is where all requests are posted.
• The Wisconsin Geocaching Association is hoping the Minnesota Geocaching Association would be interested in participation in a joint state camping/geocaching event at Interstate State Parks in mid-May of 2013. Information will be posted in the Forum as the planning goes forward.
• Teri thanked the departing Board members: Vice-President, Eric (Sir_Zman), Treasurer, John (qwerty2582), Secretary, Deborah (MamaDuck-24), and Member-at-Large, Carol(EPMinnesota). Carol received a huge round of applause.
• Eric talked about his and several others MnGCA members’ attendance at the MN Roller Girls. Everyone is invited to join them at this family-friendly activity.
• No old business was brought forward.
• No new business was brought forward.
• The results of the Election were announced:
President – Mrs Mizzou (Teri)
Vice-President – AerosmithPA (Stephen)
Treasurer – TonkaMN (Ted)
Secretary – WestSideDaddy (Chris)
Member at Large – Racettes (Dave)
• Winners were announced for the various games and prizes given.
• Door prizes were given out.
• 111 signed in on the Log.
• Teri reminded everyone to stay for the Group Photo immediately following the meeting.
• Teri also reminded everyone to help with clean up and be responsible for one’s own contribution of food.
The meeting was closed a little after 2pm.
Deborah Schneider, aka MamaDuck-24