Geocaching Guidelines for City of Blaine Parks
1. Caches must be registered www.geocaching.com
2. Unregistered caches will be removed by the City of Blaine.
3. Caches must have the name of the cache on the exterior.
4. Caches must not be buried.
5. Caches must not contain items that are offensive, dangerous, illegal or perishable.
6. The City of Blaine retains the right to remove, or have removed, a cache it feels is in an inappropriate location or is causing undue impact on the natural habitat.
7. Caches must be at least 1/10 of a mile (528 feet) apart.
8. Caches are not allowed in picnic areas, playground areas, athletic complexes, and beach area.
9. Caches must be at least 25 feet away from electrical boxes.
10. Geocaching may only occur during normal park hours 5:00am - 10:00pm.
11. Geocaching is not allowed in environmentally sensitive areas of park and open space areas, as determined by the City.
12. Geocaching is not permitted on private property when entered from a park or open space.
13. Accessing private property from public park property for hiding or seeking caches is not allowed.