(State) MnDOT - Rest Areas
Geocaching, Letterboxing and the Degree Confluence Project Policy
These activities are allowed in Mn/DOT rest areas, unless specifically excluded in this policy.
- Players placing caches must register the cache location with Mn/DOT. Register
- Mn/DOT will permit no more than one cache per rest area at one time.
- Caches must not contain offensive, dangerous, or illegal items.
- Players are subject to applicable laws, ordinances and agency policies including hours of operation, designated uses, maintenance standards and natural resources management activities.
- Placement or gaining access to caches is restricted to within 25 feet of trails and walks and must not require disturbance of the rest area site.
- Mn/DOT retains the right to remove, or have removed, a cache it feels is in an inappropriate location, causing undo impact on the habitat, conflicting with rest area use and maintenance, or is not registered with Mn/DOT.
- Caches are not allowed in environmentally, culturally or historically sensitive areas.
Mn/DOT does not allow caches in the Cold Spring Wayside.