(City) Brooklyn Park
City Of Brooklyn Park Geocaching Policy
Brooklyn Park Recreation and Parks Department wants to encourage positive use of its parks and geocaching can be a good use of the parks with the following restrictions:
• Caches must be registered, and after 12 months must be re-registered. Download the Geocache Site Registration Form (PDF).
• A limit of 10 caches will be allowed for each park.
• Caches are not to be buried, nor may vegetation, rocks, or other natural or cultural features be moved, marked or damaged in the process of placing, accessing, or maintaining the cache.
• When hiding, finding, and trading items in a geocache, you are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws including park hours.
• Caches are not to contain items that are offensive, dangerous or illegal.
• The City of Brooklyn Park retains the right to remove, or have removed, a cache it feels is in a inappropriate location, is causing undue impact on the habitat or if it is not registered with the City of Brooklyn Park.
• Caches are not allowed in reservation picnic areas, or playground areas, athletic complexes or other active use areas of the park.
• Caches may not be placed at Edinburgh USA Golf Course or Brookland Executive Nine Golf Course.
• The City reserves the right to disallow geocaching in any area of any park.
• Geocaching is not allowed in environmentally sensitive areas of the park system, as determined by the city.
Recommendations for listing your site on www.geocaching.com:
• State the name of the park in your title.
• Information about the specific park can be found in our park directory.
The form and instructions can be found on the second page of this PDF.