MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MNGCA Fall Meeting: October 27th, 2004 - 6:45pm
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: MNGCA Fall Meeting: October 27th, 2004 - 6:45pm Reply with quote

I contacted Bob Aldrich from Midwest Mountaineering today and got us in for Wednesday October 27th, 2004 at 6:45. We have to be out by 9pm as always.

So if someone that has access to the MNGCA account wants to do a quick copy/paste for a new event page I'll make sure to get in touch w/mtn-man to get it scheduled ASAP. Please let me know as soon as the page is created so that I can fire off the email to Greg to get him to notice it Wink

Chad, please post it to the front page as soon as the event page is approved.

Last edited by Marsha and Silent Bob on Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wednesday October 27th, 2004 at 6:45 at Midwest Mountaineering is in my calendar now. I'll be there. Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

-Aaron
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! It would have to be on a Wednesday... ah well, I'll try and make the next one.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
Doh! It would have to be on a Wednesday... ah well, I'll try and make the next one.

They were tied Tuesdays and Thursdays and they said Monday/Wednesday would be best. I figured I'd go w/the Wednesday as it was two more days for people to mark their calendars.

Sorry guys, can't make everyone happy Sad
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm almost sure you don't have to be at the meeting to get elected... Wink
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm almost sure you don't have to be at the meeting to get elected...

Heh, was that a threat? Wink

Yeah I figure I can't make it to every event anyways. If I did, I think that would finally prove I really don't have a life outside of geocaching Smile
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the meeting on my calendar too. I will try to be there.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well, tomorrow is Monday and Monday's are mtn-man's favorite days to do approvals. It's also the best day for me to be able to get in direct touch with him. So... Whoever has access to the MNGCA account needs to either get an event page setup or get in touch with someone who will set it up.

If someone could please send the password to JT he will get it going.

Thanks.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
Ok, well, tomorrow is Monday and Monday's are mtn-man's favorite days to do approvals. It's also the best day for me to be able to get in direct touch with him. So... Whoever has access to the MNGCA account needs to either get an event page setup or get in touch with someone who will set it up.

If someone could please send the password to JT he will get it going.

Thanks.

Got it done... Waypoint will be GCKT08, of course no one can view it except the MNGCA account until it gets approved. Hopefully someone can put in a good word and see if it can be aproved a little quicker Wink

Thanks R.J. for the missing 411
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT wrote:
Got it done... Waypoint will be GCKT08, of course no one can view it except the MNGCA account until it gets approved. Hopefully someone can put in a good word and see if it can be aproved a little quicker Wink

Thanks JT. I'll talk to mtn-man tonight if he's around.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT wrote:

Dual list it on navicache and it will be approved within an hour or two. Thats the only way to get it onto Buxley's maps (for now), anyway.

-Rick
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Event page is live Reply with quote

Event page has been aproved and can be found here http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ccc6997c-8790-40f0-96a8-f2188a6dd1dc

~J.T.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Event page is live Reply with quote

JT wrote:
Event page has been approved and can be found here http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ccc6997c-8790-40f0-96a8-f2188a6dd1dc

Thanks to JT for getting the cache page up, thanks to RJ and Centris for getting the password over to JT, and thanks to Keystone (PA and Western OH's approver) for getting this approved while mtn-man is busy on his travels.

See you all at the event!
proton
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: re: MNGCA Fall Meeting: October 27th, 2004 - 6:45pm Reply with quote

Makes it difficult for people out of the Twin Cities to make it. Four hour drive one way for me. How about next year we combine it with a weekend cache event???
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: re: MNGCA Fall Meeting: October 27th, 2004 - 6:45pm Reply with quote

proton wrote:
Makes it difficult for people out of the Twin Cities to make it. Four hour drive one way for me. How about next year we combine it with a weekend cache event???

In the past (according to the minutes as we don't have access to the bylaws) people were allowed to nominate and vote via email. If you have specific needs/concerns that you wish to have discussed please let a board member know.

I agree that something should be done to make the meeting more accessable to out-state cachers. Perhaps it would draw even more people out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: