MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

God forbid, don't make an error...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n0vyk
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: God forbid, don't make an error... Reply with quote

You'll get a neat little log that you should be embarrassed.

UNLESS, your part of the elite. Then an error is ok...

cya...
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
huh?

He's talking about this log by brjzn:

Quote:
brjzn posted a note for DaVinci would be proud... (Multi-cache)

After reading first logs and attempting this one before seeing rewritten instructions, respecfully suggest ".... be embarrassed" may be more appropriate cache name, but will give an A+ for effort. Will return after I redo calculations. A lesson for us all - technical writing is more challenging than one thinks.

Personally I take such ribbing in stride and not as a poke at my self-worth. I make plenty of mistakes and am well aware of it. I do my best to check my cache pages 100s of times before clicking the "enable", just ask rickrich Wink This does not only include spelling, grammar, and readability but also image placement, sizing, and color choice.

Perhaps I'm one of the elite-make-fun-of-ers?
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea SB. Guess your trying to tell everyone you got a new pup. Create his own GC.com address and start to find all the cache you have already done over again huh?

Well pup, keep it up and you catch SB real quick.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
Yea SB. Guess your trying to tell everyone you got a new pup. Create his own GC.com address and start to find all the cache you have already done over again huh?

Nah, just making a point of noting the ones that stink as bad as his own logs do.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi n0...

brjzn (Brad) isn't an MnGCA member (that I know of), but I've met him (first was "on the trail") and he's a really nice guy. I am sure that he did not mean to hurt your feelings, and if he could read your message here I am sure he would have been the first to say so.

Brad has A LOT of caching faux pas to his name. I think he's rather proud of them.

Like the time he attached RJ's "Moving 123" to a string and tossed it into a swamp. While testing the pullback, the string broke and Brad had to go home and get a snow rake to rescue the cache. Not to mention take a mud bath to get it as well.

Then, a week or so later, he hung the cache in a hollow tree. But the string broke (probably by the varmint that lived there) and the next finder proclaimed the cache gone. Brad revisted the cache and proclaimed it gone as well. But it turned out there was a "back door" exit to the lair and I was able to retrieve the cache.

I know that a lot of cachers have cached with Brad, and must have some more stories to tell. So lets turn this thread into "brjzn's greatest caching faux pas". I know he wouldn't mind Smile

-Rick
n0vyk
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Ok, so I was PMSing... Reply with quote

Ok, so I was PMSing...Embarassed

It was a bad day, week, month, and I took the comment badly. What can I say?

Sorry Brian, just kick me in the arse if we ever meet!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled cache...

Glenn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: