MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stargazing event: redux!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

When would you like to do a stargazing event?
October 15 or 16 works for me
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
I would prefer doing this in late October or early November.
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Stargazing event: redux! Reply with quote

A couple of folks have said they would prefer to do our geocaching/stargazing event after daylight savings time is over. What do you think? Even though the MAS has no posted public stargazing events after 11/16's meteor viewing party, I can always open it up on a little advanced notice. Weigh in here. I will consider the responses, and I'll make it happen!
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose my vote was already known, but I like the idea of after daylight, if only for the fact that we'd have more time in the dark. Course I don't know much about astronomy (heck, that's why I thought going to a stargazing event would be so cool) and don't really know what times of the year are best for viewing vs too cold to be outside or whatnot.

Of course that wouldn't deter me from going on the 16th either Smile
Buzzygirl
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm flexible as far as this event is concerned, but I'm thinking that I will set something up for late October-early November for the combination geocaching/star party event. It likelywon't occur ON Halloween weekend... I'm pretty sure many of you will either be taking the kids trick-or-treating and/or partying yourselves that weekend (and yours truly is planning on morphing into my alter-ego, "Tim the Enchanter", for a friend's Halloween party) but perhaps we could do the weekend before Halloween or the weekend after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: