MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

St. Cloud Help Wanted! :D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroedIn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: St. Cloud Help Wanted! :D Reply with quote

Wanted: Adventurous geocacher looking for a unique little challenge. Must be independent, thoughtful, and willing to lend a helping hand, all in the name of fun.

Compensation: How about warm fuzzies?? Will that do? Or the knowledge that another cacher owes you a debt of gratitude for your generous assistance to log their own cache...which would never have happened without your tremendous skill and logic? Ok, ok...how about being able to log another cache of your own???

Wink

Cache Duties: Head out and take a photo of your GPS (with the coords clearly visible) at ANY coord (choice is yours) that intersects with W94 16.33XX (the last two numbers are yours to decide). This coord was created from my username as laid out in the guidelines for the 'What's In A Name' Reverse Cache (link below for details). A photo of the surrounding area would be nice as well!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=bd5f561d-558c-4e2b-baf3-931a67b7eccd

Once that photo is taken, you can upload it to the cache site or send it to me and I'll do the posting. I'll post the log for the find with the picture & tell the cache keeper where the point is located.

In order for both of us to get credit for the cache, you must also email the cache keeper stating that you took the picture & reference my username (or put this info into your log if you post the picture directly for me).

This way we both log a cache. If you don't log or email, then you won't be able to log the find.

SO....any takers? I've noticed a few of your members have caches very close to these coords. I'd love to do it myself, but I'm in Idaho!

Smile

If you are up for the challenge, please just respond to this post. You can also email me through the geocaching.com website.

Thanks so much!
ZeroedIn
jhwf4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm up in Brainerd and I live pretty darn close to that line. I don't know if you have someone yet, but I probably could get them relatively soon...
ZeroedIn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHWF4-

That would be great! It looks like the post has had a lot of hits, but I haven't had any other volunteers yet. There's no rush to get it done, and if there's any other info you need...just let me know. Thanks for your help!

ZeroedIn
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeroedIn wrote:
It looks like the post has had a lot of hits, but I haven't had any other volunteers yet.

A lot of the people that frequent the MNGCA forums are from the Twin Cities and not St. Cloud. So we might have viewed them and not been able to help Smile

Last edited by Marsha and Silent Bob on Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
ZeroedIn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens out here (on the Idaho Geocachers Forum) alot, as well. When you live in a state that's about 3/4 covered in national forest...well, you get used to it! Very Happy The whole cache idea was pretty interesting to me, so the post may have generated a little interest among others who are challenge-minded...so the more hits it gets, the better it is!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: