MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any info on this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Any info on this? Reply with quote

Found this log- for one thing a Kerr jar is glass- not a good container- so what is this Swiss Perpetual site? Any ideas?

"Sara found a suspicious looking rock up against a tree. She went to check it out and there was a Kerr canning jar inside with a single business card from Swiss Perpetual (the Geographical Cache Tracking site). This would have been weird enough if she hadn't found the same business card in a cache earlier in the day! E-mail us and let us know what you think is going on...Did we find it???"
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.swissperpetual.com/welcome.html
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: HMMMMM- Reply with quote

So then this SWISS group- took the cache that was at this site(it is missing) and put their own glass container at a site extremely close to where the geocache was- so are they putting more of their containers at geocache spots? Are they routinely removing caches or was this some renegade?
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do we know about this group. Seems from their caches placements many are in Minnesota.
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Swiss Reply with quote

I've been informed that the swiss which was placed near the grand point geocache had nothing to do with the geocache. Appearently the geocache was plundered by an outsider, and not by the swiss person. It is important to maintain factual information which is accurate, and not to assume as EagleEyes obviously has. Swiss seems to not want to pick fights with geocaching.com. Perhaps persons who have any sort of questions about swiss should just turn to the site for answers! There is really not much to the site, or the whole thing itself, but they are very nice people who have good intentions. I've heard that there are plans to greatly improve the site too, so maybe it will become more enjoyable, and they will obtain more members.

~ Good for you Swiss Perpetual, you're not in the wrong...
(a glass jar should probably be avoided though)

"Can't we all just get along?"
"When you assume, you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me"...
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: go for it- Reply with quote

nm
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nm?
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighSky wrote:
nm?

My guess? Never mind.
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose they'd duck out on this one... That's ok, I made my point.

Here's some cool info found on the Wisconsin Geocaching forum!:

Quote:
This is an invitation to all Geocachers/outdoors enthusiests. A park clean up and picinic will be held this comming Saturday at Snuffy's Landing in Becker, MN. The river is low, and we will be removing trash and debris in the area, along with some food, music, and hopefully meeting new people! You are all welcome to come to this event, or stay tuned for more area cleanup projects! This cleanup project is being hosted by Swiss Perpetual Geographical Cache Tracking. For more information, you can visit their site at: www.swissperpetual.com
or click on this direct link: www.swissperpetual.com/Directory/viewforum.php?f=5

It's short notice, but we hope to see as many as possible!
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this link:

www.wi-geocaching.com/forums/Forum8/HTML/000567.html

Very respectable discussion.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HIGHSKY-
Are you Josh C. then???
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am

It was neccesary for a while to promote in a positive manner without disclosing my identity. Since Swiss is well on it's way at this point, and you were thinking logical enough to figure it out, there is little point in the disguise any more. Congratulations... There's more to this game then just hiding and retrieving caches! Wink

(if your wondering why I didn't just use my name 'The Swiss Tracker', it is because I tried and was not ever approved for the forums...)
jaywc7
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAJOR NEWS!!!

I, have had a change of heart...
Although I don't intend to switch the purpose of SwissPerpetual.com over and over again, I feel it was better to do this sooner than later.

For numerous reasons, I have decided that I do not want my site to include caching. This whole concept to me has always been not about the cache, but about the thrill of the adventure/exploration. I have completely reconstructed the site (which will still be updated eventually by my designer guru). I did some thinking, and realized that I don't want the headache of the caching world. I really don't.

With these thoughts, I have been thinking of a way to develop a similar site, but logging adventures (still using GPS coords) instead of little things laying in the woods. I'm sure I will likely remain an avid GC.com cacher.

The site will now be based on "Freestyle Exploration" (explanation on the home page). I will keep the forum, and re-design it.

I really think this is a good move for a variety of reasons:
1 - It eliminates caching all together
2 - It still allows GPS work and coordinates
3 - It sitll revolves around great adventure!
4 - It caters to EVERYONE! (even GC.com cachers should now find interest in my site. Although it never was competition, it won't seem like it is anymore. I suspect caching trips will likely make their way to my site, which is great. If you want to tell a story including waypoints, or directions to a cool geographical place, here is the place to do it!

I will be answering questions here. Otherwise, you can email me at:
info@swisperpetual.com and I will be happy to respond.

"This is certainly a big turn in the path, but I suspect a turn for the better!"

~ Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: