MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October 16 - Spring Lake Park Caching Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

RE: Can Silent Bob come
Sure, it will be fun!
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
No, I prefer a Bob free zone
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I've been to all the other caches in a park, then as far as I'm concerned the park is no longer "chock full of caches". On my map its as bare as bare could be. So, yes, any hide is still better than no hide.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just an open discussion, not that it matters much, but aren't there enough micros in the woods already? I think that we have enough out there. Spring Lake Park Reserve is a HUGE park and is certainly deserving of more than just a micro. At least a "small" container maybe?

Actually I shoulda been more descriptive on what my intention was. I'm just intending to place a temp cache, not a permanent one. If people like the location enough, I may consider placing a permanent one there, in which case I'd use a different (and yes, larger) container.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
If I've been to all the other caches in a park, then as far as I'm concerned the park is no longer "chock full of caches". On my map its as bare as bare could be. So, yes, any hide is still better than no hide.

Good call rickrich Very Happy

Quote:
Actually I shoulda been more descriptive on what my intention was. I'm just intending to place a temp cache, not a permanent one. If people like the location enough, I may consider placing a permanent one there, in which case I'd use a different (and yes, larger) container.

Very cool. I look forward to hunting it. If it becomes permanent I will have an excuse to come back to my most favorite park Smile
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great time was had by all at the event today. sui generis and I had a VERY long day and I am *BEAT*. Sounds like both rickrich and NLKelsey felt the same as well Smile

Pictures of the day are posted here (standard camera) and here (mobile camera).

Thanks a lot to everyone who came. It's always great to see both new and old faces. This time the park was CROWDED with caches AND people yet you never seemed to be bunched up with anyone else.

I'm going to go continue to warm my feet and hands, have a great rest of the weekend all.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my photos http://mngca.rkkda.com/Kachetoberfest2004/

In the unlikely event that any of these photos strikes your fancy, click to the highest res photo and thats the image directly off my camera (2048x1536), with all the EXIF metainfo intact (but plus my comment).

-Rick
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, after looking at rickrich's photos I see there were quite a few people hunting "Holey Moely" to begin with.

Sorry guys on the bad coords Embarassed if I make it a permanent cache I'll try and get out after the leaves fall and make sure I have good ones.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT event! Thanks to the organizers. Thanks to all photographers.
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I need to attempt a writeup for this event, or does one of the usual suspects want to do it?
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sui generis wrote:
Do I need to attempt a writeup for this event, or does one of the usual suspects want to do it?

Towlebooth asked me to write something up last Monday and I submitted it to him that afternoon. We're just waiting on it to be posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: