MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie questions on tbugs.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirPoonga
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Newbie questions on tbugs. Reply with quote

Hello, what exactly is a tbug? I've been reading on geocaching but I guess I still don't quite get it.

Also, how do you register a new one, I was curious on how that was done (maybe give me more insite) but the links kept taking me in a circle.

Thanks
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: My 2c Reply with quote

In it's most basic form a travelbug is a dogtag that you buy from Geocaching.com / Groundspeak.

You can then attach the tag to anything you want.
The unique serial number on the tag then can be used to track the bug wherever it goes in the geocaching system.

When someone picks up a bug, they enter that number in the appropriate box on the 'Track Travelbugs' page and from there they can log the current location of the traveler.

When you purchase a Travel Bug, you get two copies of the tag. One for your own reference (labeled 'Copy') that you (the owner) can use to remember the tracking number by, and the other for attaching (with a length of included chain). You also recieve a separate 'Activatioin Code' which, when used on the activation page, identifies you as the bug OWNER as opposed to just another person finding the bug.

There are some good resources on bugs around.

You can talk to Centris, CB-GPSr's or check out Markwell's FAQ *HERE*
SirPoonga
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, I have the perfect thing to attach a tbug too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: