MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State fair to do list!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: State fair to do list!!! Reply with quote

http://www.startribune.com/farley

I know I'm looking!!!
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the fair--are there any plans to re-activate "A Fair Affair" cache? I need to find it so I can stop having to skip over it all the time on my "Search for nearest caches in MN or from your home coordinates
(filter finds)" page.

It's one of six--"Cuddle up cache" is also deactivated, "Pull!" is waiting for either the weeds to die off this fall or someone to post a log with more clues, "Chaos Cache" is waiting for a day when I feel like walking at least a mile out and back right next to the freeway, "G-O METRODOME" is waiting for me to go to the dome, "Take Me Out To The Ballgame (Webcam)" is waiting for circumstances to match up to accomplish, and "Mall of America Cache II" is waiting for a rainy day. BTW, after Ozzie's been all over the news the past couple of days, "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" should be renamed "tay ee ow ooo a awwmame."
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I never knew there was a game to find Farley at the fair
Sort of like a mini medallion hunt without the snow, eh?
Thanks for bringing it up!

Last edited by Centris on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris--Thanks--it's been a great year. For our anniversary, we're going to Great River Bluffs (formerly O.L. Kipp) State Park. Kind of makes me wonder what O.L. Kipp did to upset the DNR enough to get his/her name removed from the State Park--did they take up geocaching or something? Anyhow, I realize the tone of my last post made it seem as if I was upset that I always have the same six (and maybe soon to be seven) caches I probably can't or won't get to at the top of my not found list--I really wanted to just state it as fact, and since "A fair affair" is at the top of my list (and maybe soon to be second), I'd like the opportunity to finally log a find on it.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please forgive me--I know these forums are a welcome alternative to the GC.com forums where the threads take a right turn (I'm left handed) off topic three or four posts in, and here I am being guilty of the same thing here. So, when I do go to the fair this year, I will be sure to look for Farley.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
Speaking of the fair--are there any plans to re-activate "A Fair Affair" cache?

Sorry all, A Fair Affair will not be showing up this year. Jill and I are out of town all weekends of the fair.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to be able to "activate" the cache???
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was just wondering about the Fair and if there were any geocaching activities planned around it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: