MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello,

View previous topic :: View next topic  
milbank
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Hello, Reply with quote

I hear this is the place to be. Smile
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Tip your hat to our stars Centris and Boreas on the way in. All respect is due.
Then enjoy yourself and stay a while. Great board here!
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome,

Quote:
I hear this is the place to be.

I finally got someone out my direction to join the organization. Very Happy

Hope you like it here!! Smile
gettin-away
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I would bump this up and say hello.

I'm a member of the Michigan Geocaching Organization, but since I am heading for Ely on Sept. 10th for an very important pilgrimage, I thought I would check out the caching opportunities in that area.

Well one thing led to another and I thought I would sign up with you folks and listen in on your conversations......if you don't mind. Being a part of MiGO, I know what we have had to do to keep our parks open to geocaching and I find it interesting and helpful to see what other areas are doing.

Reading some of the post it looks like a great group of people here. And I hope to have a chance to seek out a couple of the Ely area caches on Sept. 11th and 12th. And possible the Split Rock Lighthouse area on Sept. 18th.

gettin-away
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=28078426-2f54-45aa-a90c-658d37714be2
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: To the Michigan GCer... Reply with quote

I welcome you to our Ely caches. By the way FYI: The HARVEST MOON festival will be going on that weekend in Whiteside Park in town- stop in and enjoy!
gettin-away
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Boreas, Thanks for the link. I'm going to try and twist a few arms of my traveling companions. I'm the only cacher of the bunch. But maybe I can get them to stop by long enough to say "Hi".

eagleyes, I plan on hitting at least a few caches in the area (and dropping of some of my signature cards). We always plan on this weekend for our trip to the Ely area and we always manage to come during the Harvest Moon Festival. A couple of years ago we got to town and we hadn't made any motel arrangements. I called home, to Michigan, to tell my daughter that we had arrived safely, but then I told her there were no rooms so we drove to Virginia. For a college student she caught on pretty quick. Wink

I have to admit, my trips to Minnesota have been some of my best adventures and even though we don't leave until Sept. 10th, I finished packing for the trip this morning.

Thanks for the welcome.
gettin-away
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: I understand---- Reply with quote

about packing early. We are in the process of planning our drive to Cozumel Mexico this winter- hope to cache along the way- I am already packing in my mind and will soon get a cache folder going- hubby just bought another GPS as a back up for our Garmin V and will get th emaps into it. Oh, I know one can not DRIVE to Cozumel- but we can DRIVE from MN to Puerto MOreles and take th ecar ferry- if any of you go to Cozumel this February- if you see a MN license plate- it just may be ours!!!
gettin-away
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like an incredible trip.

Now that my daughter is grown I've been trying to do more traveling. That's where my nickname "gettin-away" comes from. I'm always trying to get away from work, from the city, from the stress, from the noise, from the pollution.......and the list goes on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: