MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeep TBs are here and NOT moving!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Jeep TBs are here and NOT moving! Reply with quote

It makes me laugh when I look through the list of those little pieces of advertising that were released in our fine state. Everyone was up in arms over people who said that they were displeased with their introduction into our ecosystem and that people just wanted to enjoy them. Yet most of these Jeeps haven't moved an inch since they were dropped (see here).

I have seen a couple myself but I haven't logged any as found (and I won't at anytime). I just find it awfully sad that all these people were upset over the fact that they were going to get dropped and could possibly "disappear" yet most haven't done anything but make them do just that.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a bunch of them are still in MNGCA's hands!!!!!

I think they need to be passed out to others to help them get out in the state.....maybe an quick event....

I'm suprised they didn't all get distributed at the last breakfest.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
Looks like a bunch of them are still in MNGCA's hands!!!!!
I'm suprised they didn't all get distributed at the last breakfest.

This is something that I don't mind. I understand that there are people outside of the metro that should get a bunch to spread there. I also understand that a large number of the jeeps had invalid activation codes and that the MNGCA account had to wait for the correct ones before enabling them. I don't hold those that were spreading them for the MNGCA accountable.

OTOH, the people that immediately went out and grabbed the TB and are *still* holding it are the ones that the Jeep/Jod fans should be concerned about.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like looking at this on my cache page

Quote:
* No activity in the last 14 days - Please drop off this travel bug in a new cache or contact the owner as a courtesy. If the Travel Bug has been lost, the owner can change the bug's status to an unknown location.

.....oh really.....I can't find it.....It was on the dash of my van....then showed up in the middle of I-94.....

but then.....my daughter started to play with it and seems to have gone missing.....

Kinda like a duck!!!!

But then again Half of my crap is missing in boxes all over the house preparing for this move!!!
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww c'mon, I'm sure they are just being saved for those "really special" caches that people are planning on visiting soon, right? Wink
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
DigiFerret
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly...I'm saving one to drop off in my "1000th find". That shouldn't take more than a week, right? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: