MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unfound MN Caches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
team-deadhead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Unfound MN Caches Reply with quote

I came across a cache that was placed on 6-14-2002 and nobody has found it yet Exclamation Is there any others out there that old with no finds Question

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?pf=&guid=eed5c476-50f8-49fb-98e4-3f727d0d21c1&decrypt=&log=

I fixed the link sorry Embarassed
Wo-oh, what I want to know is, are you kind?

Last edited by team-deadhead on Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
SirPoonga
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, that one should be considered a multicache though, right?

Also use an encrypted link Smile Now I know the hint without any effort!

2 weeks old isn't that old, especially considering where it is located. I am going to do my first hide here in WI, I am working on the cache description for it now. I don't expect anyone to find it for awhile, or there may be one person that finds it in the next week. There just aren't many caches in the area and they don't get visited that much. Heck, it will be lucky to even see a Jeep tbug like this one Smile I've been watching the logs of caches withing 40 miles of me to see if a jeep is dropped off at one, not yet Sad

Edit: My bad, I didn't see that it said 2002, not 2004 Anyway my point can still work here. If it is way out in the middle of nowhere it might not be found. Though now that a Jeep is there it just may be found now. It is suprising to see one that hasn't been found in 2 years. No one has decided to take the trek Smile The FTF that I found here in WI was many months ago (Jan 1st if I remember). No one has found it since.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a mission for the SDCC (Skinny Dippin' Cachin' Crew). Wink Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks quite remote...

Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE main reason that cache has NO finds on it yet is because....

IT was temp. archived for almost 2 years.......IT wasn't even a multi until just recently.

(the mtn-man log saying it has been almost 2 weeks now...is about the cache owner saying he would replace the cache after I said it needed to be archived)
kleiner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started caching, I was going to do this one. There is a nice horsecamp nearby and we had been there several times a few years ago. I kind of put it on hold until we could get a chance to camp there again. I am sure that a boat or some ice would be of help to get across the lake. JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: