MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

road trip to storm lake, iowa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: road trip to storm lake, iowa Reply with quote

i'm heading to storm lake, iowa, one of these days. i still haven't decided if i should take the freeway, 35 south to i-90 west, or 169 south, and snake my way over to i-90. either way i need to end up on highway 71 south.

while i'm more inclined to let AAA determine my path of travel, rather than geocaches, let's presume i'm taking 35 south, simply to avoid small towns and stoplights on 169. any recommended caches on 35 south of the cities, or i-90 west, that would be easy to access? i may hit a few on the way down, and a few on the way back. i don't intend to spend hours geocaching during my travels, so i'll have to limit my geocaches to just a few each way.

i haven't started researching my options yet, but will do so soon enough. i figured a few people in the southern MN region, or the twin cities for that matter, could help narrow my search.

thanks!
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several Rest Stop caches going down 35. At least one in each direction between Burnsville and Owatanna. There's a virtual right off Exit 45 and I believe that KB just placed a couple new one in his X of 15 series that may be close proximity to the interstate between here and the big R.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Southern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: