MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great price on Garmin Geko 201's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Great price on Garmin Geko 201's Reply with quote

I was down at the Minnetonka Gander Mountain today, 7/5/04, and I saw that they had new Garmin Geko 201's for $99.95 plus tax. Thats a great price on the 201, even cheaper than Walmart. It may be a pricing mistake, because thats the price you usually see Geko 101's. sold at.

The 201 is very tiny and pocket sized, takes 500 waypoints, and makes a great kids or "guest" GPSr. IMHO, it gets you from the parking lot to the cache just as well as anything else. Oh yeah, and dyl1231 won the Magellan "Cache Her if You Can" contest using a 201. Sweet irony, since Magellan doesn't make anything that small, and they snubbed me last year when I asked them to consider making a tiny unit like that.

DISCLAIMER
I have no affiliation with Gander Mountain. But I once watched the Mtka city council turn down their signage permit over the matter of the "Mountain" logo. I felt really bad for Gander Mountain, because no business ever made it in that location and it made me so mad at our Mayor that I had to send her an email nastygram.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: