MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeep tbugs are here.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irvingdog wrote:
If commercial cahes are a capitalist venture, and therefore banned in city, county or state lands (if it ever got to that point), then approvers would not approve them, just as it was originally set up and continues to be. How difficult is that?

I don't think that was the point at all. The point was that because of the commercialization that caches would not be allowed in any parks in the state thus putting an end to our fine pasttime.
sui generis
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If commercial cahes are a capitalist venture, and therefore banned in city, county or state lands (if it ever got to that point), then approvers would not approve them, just as it was originally set up and continues to be. How difficult is that?

This completely ignores the fact that the organization that approves the caches is the one that is now becoming responsible for commercialization. So the caches WOULD be approved. Rolling Eyes
I am amazed by how many people harp on the need to speak and write English in this country while exhibiting a fundamental lack of skills in the areas of spelling and sentence composition. Would this be irony, hypocrisy, or both?
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
rickrich wrote:
Also, by show of hands, who has figured out where Jeep TB #2030 is going? Is it not within rules to put it there?

So far, nobody has yet raised their hand. Solve the puzzle, then raise your hand. But don't post any spoilers.

-Rick

I'll raise my hand, I know the secret! I was actually wondering why it wasn't there already - I mean it's been 7 days on that one now and you KNOW it has to be eating RR up not having been there yet!! Wink

(I now return you to the debate, which I'm staying out of - hey, I'm just trying to have fun, and hope everyone else can too!)

-Ken
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PTO found a jeep...do we have to keep up with all this now???
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this goes to prove a really old point......It doesn't really matter what it is, there will always be a few who want to screw it up for others.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2030...I know where it is now....

DOWNtrader......I had a feeling you'd put it there.....

(can somebody tell me the highest bridge in the minnetonka area---I know somebody that could go nuts)
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayfarin Stranger wrote:
All this goes to prove a really old point......It doesn't really matter what it is, there will always be a few who want to screw it up for others.

Yep, you gotta get wet to get this one! But the good news is, there are no mosquitos down there........

Lake Minnetonka Leech (Traditional Cache)

8PM With macksolo and dyl1231. Macksolo was the true FTF. A successful mission to deep six Jeep #2030 accomplished! We left port around 7PM Mpls time, and arrived at Lighthouse Island around 7:15 PM. There was a large contingent of Yacht Clubbers having a barbeque, so we decided to anchor off the island. The wind was pretty steady from the NNE. I got anchor set the first time at about 100' off the mark. But decided to reposition closer so we pulled anchor and tried again. Mack wasn't getting the set we needed, and after 3 tries we decided to see about asking permission to land on the island.

A kind gentleman met us at the dock and I explained that we were doing a "recovery" and could we dock on the island? He said sure, we could dock up by the N dock, but we couldn't dock on the W side because some pontoon boats were expected. So we docked on the N side about 60' from cache coords.

The kind older guy met us with another man, and a teenage girl who were really interested in what we were up to. So while macksolo entered the water, dyl1231 and I explained the wonder of geocaching. It turns out the the older man had actually seen "Smokin' Cache" on his walks in Deephaven, but didn't know what it was (thought it was trash left by kids). He took down the gc.com website address, and I will be surprised if he doesn't at least log Smokin' Cache.

Macksolo searched a pretty wide area of water, in an unbelievably short amount of time. But he came up with the cache. It was only then that I realized where we were, and how much easier this one could have been if we'd read the clue. Well, OK, it was easy for dyl1231 and I, because all we did was talk to the sailors about geocaching.

A couple more sailors joined us as we opened the cache. We signed everybodies name on the log that was with us for the opening. I'm sorry, but I've forgotten all of the nice Mtka Yacht Club sailors names for this log, but they are on the paper log that is back on the bottom of L. Mtka. I sure hope you kids read this log and try a few caches on your own!

The inner cache was not waterproof, so the log paper was wet. We signed a dry piece of paper and added it to the container. I think I was able to scratch out macksolo's name on the official log paper. dyl1231 took a plastic lizard, and we left Jeep #2030. Sorry for having to trade down.

Macksolo replaced the cache 13 off of 100, and we headed to Excelsior for dinner. The twinkies beat the Expos in extra innings while we were eating dinner, and then we did a slow cruise back to Libbs Lake.

A great cache, and now that we know where it is, and that the Mtka Yacht club people are very friendly, I think we will visit this one again.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rickrich-

Quite classy. Very nice. Well done.

-Aaron
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I should have raised my hand too but I didn't want to ruin all the fun. I had an unfair advantage though as I spoke with rickrich recently about caches on islands Smile
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Zoejam72 wants to do that cache. He called me this AM and when I read the log I told him that it was found. Someone beat him to FTF. He cursed and said we are going to do it anyway. Me thinks we will leave the jeep tb there Twisted Evil . Looks like CAG is comming with us too. Something about hiding a micro UNDER a yacht or something. Wouldn't supprise me!

Shane
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a decent magnet on a nylon ski rope I used to dredge areas with, I'm game for gettin that cache Wink
Wayfarin Stranger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you all better get to it then before I get there....Minnetonka won't be the same after I find it with my equipment.

s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gunna let KC0GRN hang off the end with his little rope?

-Aaron
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd been wanting to try a cache underwater for a while now, just have more of a purpose for doing so, if a magnet and a rope works, all the better. Rolling Eyes
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to log these Jeep TB's??? I got the two from RJ and I tried to log them but I keep getting these messages that say that they are invalid TB's. What's going on??? I would like to get these placed soon hopefully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: