MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save that Date!--MnGCA Campout Sept. 18-19
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Save that Date!--MnGCA Campout Sept. 18-19 Reply with quote

Razz This is a "Save that Date" note for MnGCA's campout this Sept. 18-19 near Eveleth (about an hour north of Duluth). The event page is still being written and will be up soon and many details are still being worked out.

Many thanks to Team Hooligan for helping out in much of the planning. This will be the 2nd event at the spot because Team Hooligan and eagleeyes had a geo-picnic there last year.

Stay tuned! Razz
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Now we have a good reason to go up to that area camping! We keep talking about it, but have never done it. Date noted and Vacation request is on the boss's desk!

Shane
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Team Hooligan is looking forward to helping out big time with this event. Already thinking of some great temp caches for the weekend, you might even need a watercraft to get to one. So plan to bring along the kayaks.

Actually this event will be a different location than last years. One that is a lot bigger and allows overnight camping.

Team Hooligan.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in Houston, TX that weekend. After talking with Team Hooligan about this up at the Duluth Event, I told him I was planning on going, although he didn't have an exact date yet. It's too bad it happens to end up on that same weekend I have solid plans. Any other weekend in September or October would have worked for me.

Just how it works, sometimes.

Perhaps next time...

-Aaron
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would dump Texas if I were you!

Yeah too bad you will miss it, looked forward to you coming up and doing some more visiting, it was a good time at the Duluth event. For the record RJ picked the dates!

Craig
pogopod
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: campout Reply with quote

I think this is an event that I could interest Mrs pogopod in. She loves to camp and I love to cache. Hmmm.... It could work.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Hooligan wrote:
For the record RJ picked the dates!

For the record, RJ asked me what dates were good/bad for me as well (as I volunteered to help with an event up north). He owes me a beer!

-Aaron
Team Hooligan
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I want to start any rumors, but the weekend chosen was the only one I was given....

I'd demand at least two beers.
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, yes, s4xton did volunteer to help out a lot for a northern event, and yes, he told me that weekend didn't work for him, and yes, I totally spaced it out. I'm sorry! Embarassed

Also for the record, having to pick a date for events is the worst part about the planning, IMHO. You wouldn't know it by looking at it, but I've been throwing around dates for the past week and a half and this is what we came up with. There will never be a date that works for everyone.

We can always have another campout sooner, somewhere different. But somebody else would have to do the date picking and planning for that one Very Happy .

If we want to get serious about having most everyone attend, I think we should make a list of dates of events for 2005.
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJ wrote:
If we want to get serious about having most everyone attend, I think we should make a list of dates of events for 2005.

I think that is a good idea. But people have to realize that it works for MOST but not ALL. There will be a few sad faces. I have to work every other weekend. The spring event fell on my weekend off. The camping one falls on the weekend I work. POO!

Shane
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJ -

No big deal - I understand it's hard to get these things lined up... You'll see me at other events if I can make it. (i.e. the Duluth and Minneapolis events in the same weekend. Wink )

-Aaron
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MnGCA Campout event page is up. It is pretty bare bones now but will have some more stuff added to it as time goes on. I wanted to get it posted ASAP so people can make their reservations.

Here's the link to the cache page.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
I'll be in Houston, TX that weekend...

-Aaron

Aaron will be planning the next Get Sauced Event that weekend...
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: dump station Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a public dump station on the range some where (or does the campground have one - their web page doesn't say)? I'd prefer Eveleth of Virginia but will even take Hibbing or GR if I can't find something closer.

I am pulling the trailer up to Eveleth for the event and then will quite possibly be heading over to Bemidji for work for a week.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We waited until today to make the decision. . .Jillibean and I will have to miss the campout. We really wanted to attend but the new house just needs a lot of work before winter.

This is the first major mngca event that I won't be attending. Crying or Very sad

Have a great weekend! I really wish we could join you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: