MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Toast Reply with quote

Well, my AMD Athlon finally toasted istelf Monday night.

Nice thing about building your own though, only gotta replace a few things. This time I decided to go with Intel (haven't been on the Intel side of processors for 5 or 6 years, thought I'd give them a chance again), even ended up with an Intel brand motherboard, and even gave into the madness and bought Windoze XP (had been running ME since it came out).

So now I got a couple evenings of computer setup to get done, stinks because it'll cut into geocaching, but gotta have a PC to log stuff on, not to mention all the other things I end up doing with it.

Can't say I was ever terribly happy with the Athlon after the day I got it I saw a video on the net about taking the heatsink off and literally watching the processor burn iteself out. At least intel had a better system for thermal protection. Speed? Who cares, I'd rather have something reliable and wait the extra milliseconds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: