MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What type of cache log do you write?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What type of cache log do you write?
short story
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
novel
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
epic
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
none
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
Quote:
Frox, Fribble, and I set off on a quest to find 57 caches today. We left the house at 6AM, fueled up on 24 oz coffees and a dozen Krispy Kremes at the Holiday, then hit the caches. Froz forgot his boots so he had to cache in sneakers all day. We hit a couple of hard caches at Slippery Cliff and Weird Story, but most of the caches we hit were in nondescript parks with short descriptions, because honestly we didn't have time to read any caches with long descriptions or do any multicaches. In fact, those parks might not have been nondescript at all, we really didn't even look around. We really appreciate this cache, the 32nd one we found today, because without it we could not have found 57 caches in 8 hours. At the end of the day, we had found 57 caches with 1 DNF. On the way home, we stopped off at a great local watering hole and logged all the caches while we relaxed and wound down

Better than 32 of 57, no?

Bravo,......author, author, clap, clap, clap
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
Better than 32 of 57, no?

I still believe that my comment holds water. The uninventive cache owners are at just as much fault as the uninventive cachers.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
It usually depends. If I am finding the usual in the middle of a rotting tree 300 feet from the parking lot I am unlikely to see or find much that is interesting to write about.

If I am heading out to do "Fat Rat" I might be more inclined to continue the story line of the cache page in my log.

It all depends.

sounds like both of my caches!!! I told you I'm going to archive that one!!!
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
It usually depends. If I am finding the usual in the middle of a rotting tree 300 feet from the parking lot I am unlikely to see or find much that is interesting to write about.

If I am heading out to do "Fat Rat" I might be more inclined to continue the story line of the cache page in my log.

It all depends.

sounds like both of my caches!!! I told you I'm going to archive that one that is only 300 feet from the lot!!!
drat19
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: See reference... Reply with quote

Go see the other thread I started on this board: "Dave's Florida futility".

'Nuff said.
-Dave R.
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have topped myself. in submitting my log of epic proportions for the following cache:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3a5e5524-67bc-4579-b4a0-cee23595c950
i was told i exceeded the 4,000 character limit for a log. that's a first for me. so i cut about half of the log and submitted it as a note.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardware wrote:
i have topped myself. in submitting my log of epic proportions for the following cache:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3a5e5524-67bc-4579-b4a0-cee23595c950
i was told i exceeded the 4,000 character limit for a log. that's a first for me. so i cut about half of the log and submitted it as a note.

LOL, as the owner of that cache, let me tell you, the epic log of logs that hardware posted made my week! I *really* appreciate you taking the time to do that, it's a great story and I'm glad you had fun despite the mosquitos, darkness, and other setbacks. Thanks for sticking with it!

In regards to this thread, as great as hardware's log is, I also really liked the following short entry, which also brought a smile to my face:

May 21 by Ko-tis-vey (283 found)
Well OK I found it after 3 visits, lots of tantrums and a little pouting. Very well done.I'm soooo glad to have this one OFF my to-do list. took an unactivated Geocoin. Left "Daredevil" TB

OK, so I'm pr'bly biased, what can I say? Wink

-Ken
hardware
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knowing it took a more experienced geocacher 3 visits to accomplish something i managed to do in one night, in the dark, warmed my heart a bit. how i managed to avoid the list of first-time strike out victims is beyond me. as i mentioned in my post, the geo-gods were smiling upon me.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ko-tis-vey has the gift of being able to convey his entiire expereince in a minimum of words, and if you meet him on the trail, he's a really nice fellow as well.

As far as hardware's log goes, well, I just had to read the whole thing a couple of times. Even though I was dying to log L. Mtka Leech.

You make numbers by your finds. You make your reputation by your logs.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it just depends on the cache & the time I have at the cache. Usually, my actual log in the log book will be a little shorter compared to the online log. I think a lot has to do with space, neatness, etc. The fact that I can type a lot faster than I can write long hand I am sure has a lot to do with it too.

Cache on....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to do this for awhile...

You can now read "recent" logs in semi-reverse cronological order:

Some Recent Log Entries

These are updated sporadically (about one per day), and come from about 1000 caches near the Twin Cities and some locationless. There is no guarantee that all logs will appear here. Still, its a nice mix of whats going on out there. Good for reading during dead time at work.

SB will appreciate that there are no logos on the page, so he doesn't need to panic when the boss comes by.

There is also a link to this page from http://mngca.rkkda.com
Rouster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fun to read the new logs of caches I have found before. I've always done it, but it was always hit-or-miss whether there is a new log. This is a great addition to http://mngca.rkkda.com
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Rouster's logs:

"Rouster"

They're one of my favorites, and I'm not joking.

Rouster!

-Aaron
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
They're one of my favorites, and I'm not joking. Rouster!

One of my own most favorite logs was at team-deadhead's 12 Cats and it pays hommage to two prominent local cachers (Moe the Sleaze and Rouster!)

Quote:
May 8 by Marsha and Silent Bob (639 found)
#597 -- 24th of today while caching with s4xton.
Rouster, Rouster, Rouster, Rouster, Rouster, Rouster, Rouster, Rouster, Rouster, Rouster, Rouster, Rouster.

Sorry, inside joke. Got a call from Moe for a hint on Eclipse. I have again lost all geostud faith in him Wink
TNLN, TFTC,
Silent Bob

Smile
Rouster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, "I resemble that joke"!

What did you expect when you cache in Wright County, or Sherburne, or Anoka...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: