MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations - June 2014

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations - June 2014 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for June of 2014. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send Draconisdax or Boreal Walker a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send Draconisdax or Boreal Walker an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for June 2014 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (May 31st).

Last edited by Boreal Walker on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
JAYMZ*BRONX
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Jenkity's Go swim with the fishes, you dirty rat! http://coord.info/GC51YKN
This cache is the type of placement you'd expect to find after a mile hike out to a Swamp but it's only less then 100 ft off a paved trail in Anoka along the Rum River. Go after a good rain to add to the experience, Just saying The CO herself has jumped into the Geocaching game full force. In one year she has found 400+ caches and hid 11. I go caching with her regularly and I can tell she really enjoys the sport.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Improbable Portal GC4NAZH for Cache of the Month. http://coord.info/GC4NAZH Bart nominated this one a few months ago. I was there recently with MMCC and it was a nice surprise. One of the things I like about caching is exploring interesting places. A very well done cache. And don't go by the d/t rating. I would say 2D - 3 1/2T. You might have to deal with a little water this time of year.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
I would like to nominate Improbable Portal GC4NAZH for Cache of the Month. http://coord.info/GC4NAZH Bart nominated this one a few months ago. I was there recently with MMCC and it was a nice surprise. One of the things I like about caching is exploring interesting places. A very well done cache. And don't go by the d/t rating. I would say 2D - 3 1/2T. You might have to deal with a little water this time of year.

And I DO NOT own the cache under a sock puppet account. If I had discovered such a place, you can be assured that I'd take full credit for it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: