MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIA list..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left Wagonga along with a new TB I sent out on Feb 1st, it went missing by the time Flying Nudibranches found it on the 5th. I attempted to contact the only other cacher who logged between the 1st and the 5th, got no response, suspect both the laker and the TB are gone permanently. Bummer!
Stone Cutter
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: A little investigating Reply with quote

Have been running into caches with missing lakers. I reviewed the logs on a few and found a common name logged. In one case, it was the only name between the drop and our visit. Anything we can do about this? Question
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often times it is simply a case of user education. I don't know how many polite emails I've sent to newbies regarding logging TBs on the gc.com website. Most just simply don't know that they are supposed to log them there.

The laker game is a little different as each gamepiece has a little more information in a much more visable format so people wouldn't make that mistake. Yet I would still start with a polite email to the person in question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pulled Wagona, Sunfish, Schilling and Pepin from play. Please report any others that are missing.
nrtiger
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Yet another missing laker Reply with quote

White Bear is MIA
RubberToes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Yet another missing laker Reply with quote

nrtiger wrote:
White Bear is MIA

I was thinking I just saw this somewhere, and I guess I did see it on July 30 in WB Bibliotheque -- the same spot you went looking for it.

A laker could get hidden in one of or between a couple of the books in that cache. Did you check for that?

There's only been one logged visit since I was there, that also on July 30. Is it worth trying to track down PBsandwich to see if he has it?
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to make a public thank you to Team Petey for logging White Bear. It is no longer MIA.

Thanks also to those game players who courteously contact cachers who may be holding Lakers. It helps.
buttonbox
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Marine is NOT in WB Bibliotheque. I checked thoroughly when I grabbed Calhoun from there this afternoon.
Ko-tis-vey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitefish is gone missing Sad
TuckerTroop
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Otter Tail is missing Reply with quote

I went back to pay a visit to the cache where I last dropped OtterTail. Lo and behold, there was no Laker and no entry to suggest where it headed off to. It may need to hit the MIA list Sad

TuckerTroop
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report that Turtle is missing.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=0aba3f41-1526-49ea-836e-bfd0800d3d61
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Report that Turtle is missing.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=0aba3f41-1526-49ea-836e-bfd0800d3d61

Second report:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=7182b47f-1848-409f-ad0e-f5e9895217a6
fidian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror is not in Saunders Lake Overlook. I've sent emails to kwikcacher and he left it in West River - Plymouth Bridge. From there, it appears that Unimogger took it back to Hawaii, but he says that he didn't take any laker -- he took a travel bug that he later logged. Ko-tis-vey didn't find a laker there, so I am guessing that Mirror is MIA.
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Loon and Turtle missing Reply with quote

Checked today - Loon is NOT in Pine Valley Rec.
Turtle is NOT in Kitchi Gammi.
Is it possible to delete their pins from the map?
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth will remove them w/the LakerAdmin once he gets around to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Cache Games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: