MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations - May 2014

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations - May 2014 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for May of 2014. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send Draconisdax or Boreal Walker a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send Draconisdax or Boreal Walker an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for May 2014 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (April 30th).

Last edited by Boreal Walker on Thu May 01, 2014 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
essap
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate Near Wild Heaven by ThreeNow24 http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2N0E1_near-wild-heaven for Cache of the Month. This is a great cache that has a short hike in a small Jackson county park. It is on a interesting beacon with a great view of the lake and the waterfowl thereon. The hide itself is creative and makes you think outside of the box. The cache is located in the Southwest part of the state a couple of miles north of the Iowa border.

The cache has received 80% favorites. Comments include
"One of those caches you just have to sit back and appreciate."
"Every once in a while we come upon a noteworthy
cache and this is certainly one of them."
"Simply awesome."
"Home Run ! Today my blindness was cured and, at last, I discovered a most unique geo-hiding spot which, in time will provide smiles to all who try to pinpoint this worthy site. TWO stars for the owner's actions (whoops, I guess I can't do that but mention here will have to suffice) and heartfelt relief that persistence rules the day."
"Every once in a while we come upon a noteworthy cache and this is certainly one of them. Obviously a lot of effort went into this cache and we appreciate it."

Last edited by essap on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:22 am; edited 4 times in total
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

essap wrote:
I nominate Near Wild Heaven

I can't comment on the cache but that song is now stuck in my head.
Ranger Rog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GC4TMWD "ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!" by Jaymz*Bronx (http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4TMWD_all-systems-go) for cache of the month.

Each stage of this Multi is unique and well done. There are numerous twists to keep the Geocacher's interest peaked. Many of the stages appeared to take a fair amount of work to setup. There haven't been too many visitors yet but those that do will not be disappointed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: