MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avian Adventure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

Just passing on some info from the DNR. They are extending the Avian adventure until January of 2015. I don't know exactly why, but I do know that the next geocaching adventure will be ready the following May.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
Just passing on some info from the DNR. They are extending the Avian adventure until January of 2015. I don't know exactly why, but I do know that the next geocaching adventure will be ready the following May.

Thanks Andy. Any idea as the the theme on the next one? Bugs? Trees? Flowers?
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
andrewmcc wrote:

Afraid I can't say Smile
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
bflentje wrote:
andrewmcc wrote:

Afraid I can't say Smile

If the state parks expect me to go around a 4th time it had better have one heck of a wow-factor and some prizes to boot. Wink
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
If the state parks expect me to go around a 4th time it had better have one heck of a wow-factor and some prizes to boot. Wink

Bart - you know we are going to do the whole thing again. I'm just glad I get a little bit of a break! Smile
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to hear this news. We have no illusions of completing the series, but would like to gather more bird cards than we have.

Can't imagine why that might be! Rolling Eyes

We were within seven parks of getting them all with the wildlife one. Dangnabbit!
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Bart - you know we are going to do the whole thing again. I'm just glad I get a little bit of a break! Smile

+1
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

I kind of had it in the back of my mind to do the series for the 1st time the next time around. I don't think I see myself hitting each park more than once.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to a job loss situation last year, we didn't travel or camp much so I am happy for the reprieve.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I kind of had it in the back of my mind to do the series for the 1st time the next time around. I don't think I see myself hitting each park more than once.

It was pointed out to me that after both the History and the Safari challenges I vowed to not travel around again but I did. After the Avian challenge I vowed the same thing. Since I can't seem to keep my vows I am thrilled I get an extra year to think about it.
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
It was pointed out to me that after both the History and the Safari challenges I vowed to not travel around again but I did. After the Avian challenge I vowed the same thing. Since I can't seem to keep my vows I am thrilled I get an extra year to think about it.

Or is it an extra year to forget why you vowed to not do it again? Rolling Eyes
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I get an eyeroll for that? Shocked
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I was thinking along the lines of a speculative eye roll, not a "did it again" eye roll. Embarassed
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:
AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I was thinking along the lines of a speculative eye roll, not a "did it again" eye roll. Embarassed

If the 4th generation challenge is pushed out a year, I'd probably be more likely to break my vow and go for four. After all, my latest goal is to grab all of the hiking club routes.. which is a LOT more work than just geocaching.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
bflentje wrote:
andrewmcc wrote:

Afraid I can't say Smile

Andrew, if you have ANY pull at all, when the next program begins, INSIST that it start Memorial Weekend (or before) rather than that 2nd week of June. Many camper/geocachers reserve state park camping Memorial weekends and we'd hate to waste fuel and time Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: