MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avian Adventure
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Jul 2007

Posts: 996

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

Just passing on some info from the DNR. They are extending the Avian adventure until January of 2015. I don't know exactly why, but I do know that the next geocaching adventure will be ready the following May.
_________________
Dinnae fash yersel (don't worry yourself)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4054

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
Just passing on some info from the DNR. They are extending the Avian adventure until January of 2015. I don't know exactly why, but I do know that the next geocaching adventure will be ready the following May.


Thanks Andy. Any idea as the the theme on the next one? Bugs? Trees? Flowers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Jul 2007

Posts: 996

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
andrewmcc wrote:
Just passing on some info from the DNR. They are extending the Avian adventure until January of 2015. I don't know exactly why, but I do know that the next geocaching adventure will be ready the following May.


Thanks Andy. Any idea as the the theme on the next one? Bugs? Trees? Flowers?


Afraid I can't say Smile
_________________
Dinnae fash yersel (don't worry yourself)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4054

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
bflentje wrote:
andrewmcc wrote:
Just passing on some info from the DNR. They are extending the Avian adventure until January of 2015. I don't know exactly why, but I do know that the next geocaching adventure will be ready the following May.


Thanks Andy. Any idea as the the theme on the next one? Bugs? Trees? Flowers?


Afraid I can't say Smile


If the state parks expect me to go around a 4th time it had better have one heck of a wow-factor and some prizes to boot. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 31 Oct 2007

Posts: 615

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
If the state parks expect me to go around a 4th time it had better have one heck of a wow-factor and some prizes to boot. Wink


Bart - you know we are going to do the whole thing again. I'm just glad I get a little bit of a break! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher


Joined: 22 Oct 2008

Posts: 124

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to hear this news. We have no illusions of completing the series, but would like to gather more bird cards than we have.

Can't imagine why that might be! Rolling Eyes

We were within seven parks of getting them all with the wildlife one. Dangnabbit!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boreal Walker
Geocacher


Joined: 14 Aug 2008

Posts: 232

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
bflentje wrote:
If the state parks expect me to go around a 4th time it had better have one heck of a wow-factor and some prizes to boot. Wink


Bart - you know we are going to do the whole thing again. I'm just glad I get a little bit of a break! Smile


+1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President


Joined: 19 Nov 2005

Posts: 1146

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:


If the state parks expect me to go around a 4th time it had better have one heck of a wow-factor and some prizes to boot. Wink


I kind of had it in the back of my mind to do the series for the 1st time the next time around. I don't think I see myself hitting each park more than once.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hal-oween
Geocacher


Joined: 10 Mar 2009

Posts: 176

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to a job loss situation last year, we didn't travel or camp much so I am happy for the reprieve.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4054

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
bflentje wrote:


If the state parks expect me to go around a 4th time it had better have one heck of a wow-factor and some prizes to boot. Wink


I kind of had it in the back of my mind to do the series for the 1st time the next time around. I don't think I see myself hitting each park more than once.


It was pointed out to me that after both the History and the Safari challenges I vowed to not travel around again but I did. After the Avian challenge I vowed the same thing. Since I can't seem to keep my vows I am thrilled I get an extra year to think about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AustinMN
Geocacher


Joined: 21 Mar 2012

Posts: 110

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
It was pointed out to me that after both the History and the Safari challenges I vowed to not travel around again but I did. After the Avian challenge I vowed the same thing. Since I can't seem to keep my vows I am thrilled I get an extra year to think about it.


Or is it an extra year to forget why you vowed to not do it again? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4054

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:
It was pointed out to me that after both the History and the Safari challenges I vowed to not travel around again but I did. After the Avian challenge I vowed the same thing. Since I can't seem to keep my vows I am thrilled I get an extra year to think about it.


Or is it an extra year to forget why you vowed to not do it again? Rolling Eyes


I get an eyeroll for that? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AustinMN
Geocacher


Joined: 21 Mar 2012

Posts: 110

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:
It was pointed out to me that after both the History and the Safari challenges I vowed to not travel around again but I did. After the Avian challenge I vowed the same thing. Since I can't seem to keep my vows I am thrilled I get an extra year to think about it.


Or is it an extra year to forget why you vowed to not do it again? Rolling Eyes


I get an eyeroll for that? Shocked


I was thinking along the lines of a speculative eye roll, not a "did it again" eye roll. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4054

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:
AustinMN wrote:
bflentje wrote:
It was pointed out to me that after both the History and the Safari challenges I vowed to not travel around again but I did. After the Avian challenge I vowed the same thing. Since I can't seem to keep my vows I am thrilled I get an extra year to think about it.


Or is it an extra year to forget why you vowed to not do it again? Rolling Eyes


I get an eyeroll for that? Shocked


I was thinking along the lines of a speculative eye roll, not a "did it again" eye roll. Embarassed


If the 4th generation challenge is pushed out a year, I'd probably be more likely to break my vow and go for four. After all, my latest goal is to grab all of the hiking club routes.. which is a LOT more work than just geocaching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4054

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
bflentje wrote:
andrewmcc wrote:
Just passing on some info from the DNR. They are extending the Avian adventure until January of 2015. I don't know exactly why, but I do know that the next geocaching adventure will be ready the following May.


Thanks Andy. Any idea as the the theme on the next one? Bugs? Trees? Flowers?


Afraid I can't say Smile


Andrew, if you have ANY pull at all, when the next program begins, INSIST that it start Memorial Weekend (or before) rather than that 2nd week of June. Many camper/geocachers reserve state park camping Memorial weekends and we'd hate to waste fuel and time Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.