MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-January 2014

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-January 2014 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for January of 2014. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for January 2014 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (December 31st).

I really haven't been doing any moderating for CotM for quite a while, possible near a year and for that I apologize. Other than when I'm on vacation, I really haven't been geocaching in 20 months and before today I think it's been at least 6+ months since I logged into MnGCA. Archer appears to have kept things going in my absence, but it's the holidays and/or maybe he's found other interests. I got an email asking me to do some work that needed to be done as a moderator, so I'm doing this now, and I'll do it for another month or so if needed, but I'd like to officially announce that my retirement from CotM. I'll leave it up to the board/other moderators to decide what they want to do. While I still believe that CotM is useful and beneficial to geocachers, and while it doesn't take much time to do, it does take some time and since I don't geocache anymore it doesn't make sense for me to continue doing it. Maybe someday I'll get back into caching (I miss the puzzles), but I don't have time for it right now. So starting with the February CotM, I will be removing my name as a person to contact and I request that I be removed as a moderator. I hope CotM continues, it really is a small way to give back to the geocaching community, assuming the board wants to go that way, I'd hope someone else would volunteer for the job.

Happy Caching!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate Stoney Ridge King GC3H31E for cache of the month. This cache meets all of the qualifications for this great honor as its never been found Wink In all seriousness, this cache is what geocaching is all about for some of us and if more geocachers put this one on their todo list, the world would be a better place. Cool
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Quest for McKinley by Eskoclimber for cache of the month. This is a simple yet elegant multi. It involves a nice walk/bike down a trail. It is winter friendly, so you can get it even when they have four feet of snow on the ground. You need to prepare yourself and bring the correct TOTT to get this one. Most cachers should be able to get this with the correct encouragement.
butcherandswimmer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy We would like to nominate
Mystery Cache Icon stage two
GC3C6X7
Created by:
pfalstad
This is a fun cache that starts out in a public library and ends in a nice park with a short walk in the woods. We did it 3 days ago and were the first in the snow this year and found it with no problem. 2 out of 3 finders give it a favorite point and it has real nice writeups on the cache page. The majic in the library is real neat and can be done by all. The perfect field puzzle for winter.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: