MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from AK!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverSummer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Hello from AK! Reply with quote

Hello, everyone! I wanted to stop by and say hello, especially now that I'm getting settled in up here in Alaska. Funny how 1.5 years blow by so fast!

I also wanted to stop in and ask for some help supporting the Groundspeak Geocacher of the Month finalist NorthWes.

Wes Skinner is a great supporter of geocaching in Alaska, and elsewhere. Between his work with the BLM and the USFWS, his efforts to put on many events (some via his own account, and others as President of the GeocacheAlaska! organization), and helpful attitude, he is a great candidate for the GOTM for Groundspeak this month!

If you haven't voted already, please head to the blog http://blog.geocaching.com/2013/12/november-geocacher-of-the-month-nominees-add-your-comment/ and add a comment supporting Wes for Geocacher of the Month!

Also, know that you can count on me to spread the word for folks who could get nominated from Minnesota.

Thanks, everyone! I'm missing Minnesota, but I've traded less sunlight in the winter for warmer temperatures than Duluth or the Twin Cities could ever offer me this time of year!

Cheers,
NeverSummer
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from AK! Reply with quote

NeverSummer wrote:
Hello, everyone! I wanted to stop by and say hello, especially now that I'm getting settled in up here in Alaska. Funny how 1.5 years blow by so fast!

I also wanted to stop in and ask for some help supporting the Groundspeak Geocacher of the Month finalist NorthWes.

Wes Skinner is a great supporter of geocaching in Alaska, and elsewhere. Between his work with the BLM and the USFWS, his efforts to put on many events (some via his own account, and others as President of the GeocacheAlaska! organization), and helpful attitude, he is a great candidate for the GOTM for Groundspeak this month!

If you haven't voted already, please head to the blog http://blog.geocaching.com/2013/12/november-geocacher-of-the-month-nominees-add-your-comment/ and add a comment supporting Wes for Geocacher of the Month!

Also, know that you can count on me to spread the word for folks who could get nominated from Minnesota.

Thanks, everyone! I'm missing Minnesota, but I've traded less sunlight in the winter for warmer temperatures than Duluth or the Twin Cities could ever offer me this time of year!

Cheers,
NeverSummer

NeverSummer :: Alaska == I like it.

As for voting, I am sure he's a great guy but I am boycotting the blog until they stop highlighting geocaches of the month that the rest of us aren't allowed to hide. I even got banned from the forums for a while after expressing my distaste for the hypocrisy. Confused
NeverSummer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from AK! Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
NeverSummer wrote:

Cheers,
NeverSummer

NeverSummer :: Alaska == I like it.

As for voting, I am sure he's a great guy but I am boycotting the blog until they stop highlighting geocaches of the month that the rest of us aren't allowed to hide. I even got banned from the forums for a while after expressing my distaste for the hypocrisy. Confused

I've got my beef with the blog too... Wink

I was also rather taken aback by the hypocrisy, and how they thought simply deleting a photo would make the rest of the details go away with the whole buried cache deal on one of their featured articles.

But anyway, if anyone else feels like voting, that would be great! Cool
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello from AK! Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I even got banned from the forums for a while after expressing my distaste for the hypocrisy. Confused
Welcome to the club, Bart.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hello from AK! Reply with quote

knowschad wrote:
bflentje wrote:
I even got banned from the forums for a while after expressing my distaste for the hypocrisy. Confused
Welcome to the club, Bart.

And like you (although you may lurk), I've never been back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: