MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cacheside Chat- December 15, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> President's Cacheside Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Cacheside Chat- December 15, 2013 Reply with quote

Autumn in Minnesota is here in her full glory. As I glance out the window of this coffee house I see a foot of snow on the ground and cars on the street struggling for traction. The video board on the Grand Rapids Dairy Queen which is facing me says it 0 degrees out. The weatherman is proven wrong; he said it would only get to -2 today. So often with early December snows around here there is a threat it will melt away. No threat this year, this snow is here, claiming residency, and is not leaving. The snowmobilers, skiers, and fishermen are happy. I'm not ready for winter, as it seems I never am, but the calendar promises the season will be here next Saturday.

On a personal note as this year draws to a close, 2013 has given me many enjoyable days of exploring our state. This game has brought me to some of the most scenic and interesting places our state and nation has to offer, and has taught me plenty of history along the way. Also, because of this game I have met some of the kindest and interesting people in Minnesota. This organization has people of such diverse backgrounds and experiences, yet it seems when we get down to the idea of treasure hunting, nature, and online journaling, we all seem to 'get' each other.

Once the holidays are past and moving into 2014, the organization will be turning attention to the Spring Event, shirt design and developing a 2014 coin. Regular events are being planned and scheduled to insure the social aspect of geocaching keeps growing.

Because this organization is largely an online entity, much of the work which goes on is behind the scenes. We do rely on the membership to make so many things happen. As mentioned earlier, there is great diversity in our organization. This allows the organization to utilize individual members’ strengths to make things happen. Whether it be web mastering, forum moderation, event planning, shirt/coin design, helping other members with GSAK questions, helping out a local organization when they reach out to the MnGCA, simply participating on the forums in conversation, or any other number of tasks, this organization needs it's members to continue on with its mission. I have learned that our membership is very open to helping out whenever they can, and have only been greeted with positive responses when thoughts, ideas, or help is solicited. More help will be needed, and asked for in 2014.

I wish everyone will have a Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Year’s. For now, however, we have nearly a week before winter is here, so enjoy that autumn whether before it is gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> President's Cacheside Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: