MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

woot GPS

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bad_CRC
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Oct 2006

Posts: 214

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: woot GPS Reply with quote

if you are looking to pick up a new GPS, woot has a really good sale on refurb magellan units right now. ends sooon.


http://www.woot.com/plus/geocaching-with-woot-1


can't get myself to buy one since I mostly use my phone now, but it seems like a really good deal, so thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else can use it since I wussed out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Apr 2006

Posts: 3099

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: woot GPS Reply with quote

Bad_CRC wrote:
if you are looking to pick up a new GPS, woot has a really good sale on refurb magellan units right now. ends sooon.


http://www.woot.com/plus/geocaching-with-woot-1


can't get myself to buy one since I mostly use my phone now, but it seems like a really good deal, so thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else can use it since I wussed out.


Yeah, but it's a Magellen.
_________________
"We never seek things for themselves-what we seek is the very seeking of things"-Pascal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5704

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: woot GPS Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
Bad_CRC wrote:
if you are looking to pick up a new GPS, woot has a really good sale on refurb magellan units right now. ends sooon.


http://www.woot.com/plus/geocaching-with-woot-1


can't get myself to buy one since I mostly use my phone now, but it seems like a really good deal, so thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else can use it since I wussed out.


Yeah, but it's a Magellen.


And a refurb...

I suppose it could be worse...you could put batteries in it and turn it on.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bad_CRC
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Oct 2006

Posts: 214

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just thought it might be helpful to someone. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5704

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad_CRC wrote:
just thought it might be helpful to someone. Sad


Don't take offense - it's just some tongue-n-cheek Magellan bashing.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AustinMN
Geocacher


Joined: 21 Mar 2012

Posts: 110

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: woot GPS Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
Bad_CRC wrote:
if you are looking to pick up a new GPS, woot has a really good sale on refurb magellan units right now. ends sooon.


http://www.woot.com/plus/geocaching-with-woot-1


can't get myself to buy one since I mostly use my phone now, but it seems like a really good deal, so thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else can use it since I wussed out.


Yeah, but it's a Magellen.


And a refurb...

I suppose it could be worse...you could put batteries in it and turn it on.


Magellan...wasn't he the guy who went in a 24,000 mile circle just to end up back where he started? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schmittfamily
Geocacher


Joined: 21 Sep 2012

Posts: 116

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He actually got caught up in turf war in the Phillipines.

Getting off by a day is one of the things on my bucket list...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher


Joined: 25 Apr 2009

Posts: 226

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold out. My condolences to the victims of that purchase.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 26 Apr 2006

Posts: 3099

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schmittfamily wrote:
He actually got caught up in turf war in the Phillipines.

Getting off by a day is one of the things on my bucket list...


Are you sure it wasn't a land war in Asia?
_________________
"We never seek things for themselves-what we seek is the very seeking of things"-Pascal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
schmittfamily
Geocacher


Joined: 21 Sep 2012

Posts: 116

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.