MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - December 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for December 2013
GC4KN8K: Star Trek V: The Romulan Mystery
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
GC3RGFF: Welcome to MY Nightmare
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
GC4MRYN: The Chief's Lost Treasure
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
GC4J30T: Wicked
35%
 35%  [ 12 ]
GC3F7F7: Thanks Tiger
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 34

AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - December 2013 Reply with quote

Your nominations for December 2013 Cache of the Month are:

Regular Cache Icon GC4KN8K: Star Trek V: The Romulan Mystery by rustynails.
Nominated By: dornole
I'd like to nominate this one again. I found it after already voting in the October COTM and I want to get to vote for it at least once. It's definitely worth seeking out this 5-difficulty large (???) in Bloomington. I did find this without a hint and it was one of the more satisfying light-bulb moments I've had caching - I had to rush back to Bloomington immediately and erase my DNF.

Mystery Cache Icon GC3RGFF: Welcome to MY Nightmare by yellowdogs
Nominated By: JAYMZ*BRONX
I would like to nominate Welcome to my Nightmare by yellowdogs.
The cache as a whole is a Nightmare (in a good way) from first opening the cache page, until you sign the log. It takes wisdom, strength and patience to complete. The CO has carefully constructed the container himself which earns the favorite point on Its own! I will stop here so I don't say too much about it. Come Prepared!!!!!!

Mystery Cache Icon GC4MRYN: The Chief's Lost Treasure by mnfishnutz and Troutonthebrain
Nominated By: Khoda
This puzzle called upon common technology in a new way to arrive at the treasure. This is fun one for the whole family.

Regular Cache Icon GC4J30T: Wicked by berresfamily
Nominated By: bflentje
I would like to nominate Wicked (GC4J30T) by berresfamily. Rarely anymore do you find a cache constructed in such a manner. The cache is a Traditional but to get at the log requires a bit of field puzzle sleuthing. Berresfamily is a brand new cacher and right out of the blocks is hitting home runs. Kudos.

Multi Cache Icon GC4KN8K: Thanks Tiger by bflentje
Nominated By: Red_Devil35
I would like to nominate Thanks Tiger for COTM! Another neat cache in Lebanon Hills park.

It is a really neat field puzzle. Very well done, with a variety of terrain and difficulty for the multiple stages. It takes some thinking, but it is well worth it.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share then here by posting a reply...

Voting will be open till the end of the month*. Good luck to all the nominees and keep those great caches coming!

*Note: Due to how the polling works in phpBB the poll may be open for some time past 11:59:59 pm on the last day of the month, or may end sometime during the last day of the month. While we will do what we can to make sure this poll stays open through the month, there is no reason to wait till the last minute. You get one vote and it counts the same no matter when you make it. When a poll is open it is set to be open for a certain number of days, so if for some reason the poll can't be open right at 11:59:59 (say a production issue at work, busy with non-caching activities, feel asleep, etc) then there may be some 'bonus' voting time.[/quote]
lkvlemnguy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is the end of the month and start of a new year. I thought I would congratulate Wicked for cache of the month for December. This is well done cache in a nice park. Well worth the time and visit!
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations berresfamily!

The December 2013 Cache of the Month is GC4J30T: Wicked by berresfamily

I would like to nominate Wicked (GC4J30T) by berresfamily. Rarely anymore do you find a cache constructed in such a manner. The cache is a Traditional but to get at the log requires a bit of field puzzle sleuthing. Berresfamily is a brand new cacher and right out of the blocks is hitting home runs. Kudos.

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
Congratulations berresfamily!

The December 2013 Cache of the Month is GC4J30T: Wicked by berresfamily

Any other words of Congratulations are welcome in this thread.

Wicked certainly is worthy of winning over my #3 cache. It got my vote. Congratulation Berresfamily.
berresfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone and thanks Bart for the nomination. I am inspired to build more fun caches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: