MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 MnGCA Geocoin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that design is amazing! I want one! And I'd also like to nominate one or both of these designs for the next T-Shirt design!!
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
Wow, that design is amazing! I want one! And I'd also like to nominate one or both of these designs for the next T-Shirt design!!

That is a great idea!!
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was the designer? They did a really nice job!
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a lot of discussion regarding a variety of ideas, the committee decided upon rosebud55112's lighthouse idea which was subsequently drawn up by ruderat.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
Below is the 2013 geo-coin, which was unveiled at the Fall Event last Saturday. The coin is available in both gold and black nickel finish. Working on logistics of online ordering...

Those who helped brainstorm and design the coin are- rosebud55112, Gummybayer, catzilla, EPMinnesota, NOSNOW, RudeRat, and WestSideDaddy.

where?
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
Below is the 2013 geo-coin, which was unveiled at the Fall Event last Saturday. The coin is available in both gold and black nickel finish. Working on logistics of online ordering...

Those who helped brainstorm and design the coin are- rosebud55112, Gummybayer, catzilla, EPMinnesota, NOSNOW, RudeRat, and WestSideDaddy.

Nice coin. How many were made? How much are they selling for? Is one finish for MnGCA members only? I'm surprised how this was presented to the members or not presented...
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
I'm surprised how this was presented to the members or not presented...

Really? Historically the coin is presented at the Fall Event and not before. In the case this year, the manufacturer was hospitalized and we did not know if the coins would arrive in time. His family chipped in to finish the work and the coins arrived 2 days before the event. The coins were not publicized because we did not know if they would arrive in time. If you feel you need more input or need to be in the loop, feel free to volunteer for the coin committee or the Board - or even come to the event.

Coins are $10 a piece. There are two finishes, gold and black nickel. The current Board is working on electronic ordering.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
timewellspent wrote:

If you feel you need more input or need to be in the loop, feel free to volunteer for the coin committee or the Board - or even come to the event.

This.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
timewellspent wrote:

Really? Historically the coin is presented at the Fall Event and not before. In the case this year, the manufacturer was hospitalized and we did not know if the coins would arrive in time. His family chipped in to finish the work and the coins arrived 2 days before the event. The coins were not publicized because we did not know if they would arrive in time. If you feel you need more input or need to be in the loop, feel free to volunteer for the coin committee or the Board - or even come to the event.

Yes, Really. I don't recall ever having to wait until after the fall event for coins. I recall ordering 2009 coins online and picking them up at WNC and seeing a partial picture every day of a coin that was then available to order online and be picked up at GCF. As far as going to the event, sounds like people that were at the event didn't even know they were available. Shocked
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
timewellspent wrote:

If you feel you need more input or need to be in the loop, feel free to volunteer for the coin committee or the Board - or even come to the event.

This.

Rolling Eyes

Didn't need more input, but I figured you would want to sell the coins, not hang onto them.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
timewellspent wrote:

Yes, Really. I don't recall ever having to wait until after the fall event for coins. I recall ordering 2009 coins online and picking them up at WNC and seeing a partial picture every day of a coin that was then available to order online and be picked up at GCF. As far as going to the event, sounds like people that were at the event didn't even know they were available. Shocked

First off I think 2009 was more of an anomaly than anything. Having a mega event that focused on Geocoins pushed a lot of coin designers to make sure the product was ready since there was such a large consumer base in one Minnesota hotel lobby. The fall event is a general membership meeting, so really it is a very logical place to unveil something like a coin design. I guess we should just up and fire the marketing department because they didn't give you enough of a preview. The savings on their salaries alone should buy us exactly NOTHING since no one gets paid to do any of this. In summary: coins are here accept it and be free. I'll be sure to tell the new marketing department to have a visual preview of the ordering system that is being worked on or it will come out of their paycheck. Oh and the coins were pretty easy to spot at the event... they were pretty much the first thing that caught my eye at the merchandise table. I'll put the Event mapping staff on notice too that their bonuses are in jeopardy for this year.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
First off I think 2009 was more of an anomaly than anything. Having a mega event that focused on Geocoins pushed a lot of coin designers to make sure the product was ready since there was such a large consumer base in one Minnesota hotel lobby. The fall event is a general membership meeting, so really it is a very logical place to unveil something like a coin design. I guess we should just up and fire the marketing department because they didn't give you enough of a preview. The savings on their salaries alone should buy us exactly NOTHING since no one gets paid to do any of this. In summary: coins are here accept it and be free. I'll be sure to tell the new marketing department to have a visual preview of the ordering system that is being worked on or it will come out of their paycheck. Oh and the coins were pretty easy to spot at the event... they were pretty much the first thing that caught my eye at the merchandise table. I'll put the Event mapping staff on notice too that their bonuses are in jeopardy for this year.
Don't fire the marketing department, just hire Bart. I know more about his pathtags then MnGCA's coins. Laughing

I'm not saying the fall meeting isn't a logical spot, just saying that hasn't been historically the first time the coin is presented. I really don't care when and where they are presented, just would like to know where to purchase them going forward. Isn't that the ultimate goal?
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
I really don't care when and where they are presented, just would like to know where to purchase them going forward.

An online form is being developed. Coins will also be available at MnGCA events.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:
Don't fire the marketing department, just hire Bart. I know more about his pathtags then MnGCA's coins. Laughing

I'm not saying the fall meeting isn't a logical spot, just saying that hasn't been historically the first time the coin is presented. I really don't care when and where they are presented, just would like to know where to purchase them going forward. Isn't that the ultimate goal?

please keep me out of your rant. I was at the event and found the coins with little issue.
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
please keep me out of your rant. I was at the event and found the coins with little issue.

Noted and congrats on attending the event and finding the coins. I was on call 24-7 and couldn't make it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: