MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 MnGCA Geocoin
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosebud55112
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: 2013 MnGCA Geocoin Reply with quote

The new 2013 MnGCA geocoins were unveiled to the public and available at the Fall Event meeting last Saturday, 10/12. I picked up a couple, but was wonderingif there are any available for online ordering, and if so, what the details are?
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to add that whoever designed it did an AWESOME job! I was really impressed with the 2011 coin and didn't think it could get any better than that, but this one is absolutely beautiful! Love it!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 MnGCA Geocoin Reply with quote

rosebud55112 wrote:
The new 2013 MnGCA geocoins were unveiled to the public and available at the Fall Event meeting last Saturday, 10/12. I picked up a couple, but was wondering if there are any available for online ordering, and if so, what the details are?

There are new coins?
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are two new coins, each with a different design. They were for sale at the Fall Event alongside the 2013 MNGCA t-shirts.

I really like them and the numbers are easy to read. Whoever designed them did a great job!
rosebud55112
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's only one new coin, although it comes in two different metals and therefore one appears much darker than the other. They were also selling some of the 2011 coins, but those have been out for two years.

Or did I miss something?
BigChiefS4
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosebud55112 wrote:
I think there's only one new coin, although it comes in two different metals and therefore one appears much darker than the other. They were also selling some of the 2011 coins, but those have been out for two years.

Or did I miss something?

I guess that would be a more accurate statement. The design is the same on both, but with different metals, they look distinct.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that feels completely in the dark here?
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Am I the only one that feels completely in the dark here?

Nope Exclamation
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd seen a couple references that a new coin was coming by reading the meeting minutes, so it wasn't a total surprise when I saw them at the event, but the fact I did was purely by luck. I was chatting with a few people by the table and happened to spot someone looking at one and that caught my eye. They really are beautiful - maybe a big to do just hasn't been made about them yet since maybe they have just newly arrived. Hopefully something more formal gets posted soon!
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is the 2013 geo-coin, which was unveiled at the Fall Event last Saturday. The coin is available in both gold and black nickel finish. Working on logistics of online ordering...

Those who helped brainstorm and design the coin are- rosebud55112, Gummybayer, catzilla, EPMinnesota, NOSNOW, RudeRat, and WestSideDaddy.

sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a really beautiful coin; very different from previous years and it looks amazing. Great Job to everyone who helped.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how the lighthouse illuminates the state on the front, and the fact the guy is looking the wrong direction for the cache on the back.
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
I like how the lighthouse illuminates the state on the front, and the fact the guy is looking the wrong direction for the cache on the back.

I love that also, as well as the big and little dipper constellations and the intricate design of the lighthouse and cloud-covered full moon. So many nuances went into this design. It is really very impressive!!
Hoffer15
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Nice to see the coins Reply with quote

I was Happy to see the coins back for 2013! Thanks to the people that came up with the great design Laughing and look forward to seeing what 2014 looks like. Thanks again, and was surprised to see them for sale at the fall event.
Girldog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also think the coin is beautiful. also want to get a gold one like my mom.
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: