MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it friend networks, campaigning, or interest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
RyanLisaKayla wrote:
dornole wrote:
But I definitely use the nominations to put things on my watchlist / to-do list. I might not get to them promptly but they do serve to alert me to great caches which to me is the main purpose of COTM.

I need to start doing this. I have to admit I don't think I've ever voted here, because we've never done all of the caches in the list and I don't feel like I can vote for one without knowing them all. I always notice them and think "we should do that cache!" but then never remember it later. I need to start bookmarking them and making more of a point to do that...

Too many people doing power trails to bother with a cache that has 9 stars or twelve stages. Sure is a different sport/game/activity since I've started.

I'm not sure why you would quote this thread, and in particular my response, to make this commentary. Only around 70% of our cache finds are traditionals, over 13% puzzles, and over 5% multis. Those certainly aren't power trail stats and that certainly is not where we put our focus. Furthermore, this whole thread is about a desire TO "bother with" the caches mentioned here. I guess I'm not sure what point you were trying to make here (that relates at all to these quotes), but that isn't a new phenomenon...
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
I would not and have not campaigned for my cache. I never asked anyone to vote for it, which is obvious since it has two votes. If attacking me makes you feel better so be it.

I never said you asked anyone to vote for it. That doesn't mean you aren't campaigning for it.... And for the record I haven't asked anyone to vote either.

I'm sorry if you feel you are being attacked, you aren't. I just find if funny how serious some people here take the COTM. Go back in the history of COTM and you will see what I mean.

That's all from me as I know the trolling here will continue. Rolling Eyes
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanLisaKayla wrote:
bflentje wrote:
RyanLisaKayla wrote:
dornole wrote:
But I definitely use the nominations to put things on my watchlist / to-do list. I might not get to them promptly but they do serve to alert me to great caches which to me is the main purpose of COTM.

I need to start doing this. I have to admit I don't think I've ever voted here, because we've never done all of the caches in the list and I don't feel like I can vote for one without knowing them all. I always notice them and think "we should do that cache!" but then never remember it later. I need to start bookmarking them and making more of a point to do that...

Too many people doing power trails to bother with a cache that has 9 stars or twelve stages. Sure is a different sport/game/activity since I've started.

I'm not sure why you would quote this thread, and in particular my response, to make this commentary. Only around 70% of our cache finds are traditionals, over 13% puzzles, and over 5% multis. Those certainly aren't power trail stats and that certainly is not where we put our focus. Furthermore, this whole thread is about a desire TO "bother with" the caches mentioned here. I guess I'm not sure what point you were trying to make here (that relates at all to these quotes), but that isn't a new phenomenon...

eh, you think I was referring to you? Rolling Eyes
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:

Yeah, I am out of here too.
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
eh, you think I was referring to you? Rolling Eyes

Not necessarily (since it certainly didn't make sense to be referring to me there), but I didn't know what other sense to make of it. You did quote me, which seems very out of place given the topic I was agreeing with dornole on...
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:

Yup. Ditto.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to let this one cool off for a while...seems there were a lot of details taken way out of context...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: