MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-December 2013

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArcherDragoon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-December 2013 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for December of 2013. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for December 2013 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (November 30th).
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC4KN8K: Star Trek V: The Romulan Mystery by rustynails.

I'd like to nominate this one again. I found it after already voting in the October COTM and I want to get to vote for it at least once. It's definitely worth seeking out this 5-difficulty large (???) in Bloomington. I did find this without a hint and it was one of the more satisfying light-bulb moments I've had caching - I had to rush back to Bloomington immediately and erase my DNF.
JAYMZ*BRONX
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: http://coord.info/GC3RGFF Reply with quote

http://coord.info/GC3RGFF
I would like to nominate Welcome to my Nightmare by yellowdogs.
The cache as a whole is a Nightmare (in a good way) from first opening the cache page, until you sign the log. It takes wisdom, strength and patience to complete. The CO has carefully constructed the container himself which earns the favorite point on Its own! I will stop here so I don't say too much about it. Come Prepared!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Last edited by JAYMZ*BRONX on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
khoda
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: GC4MRYN Unknown Cache The Chief's Lost Treasure Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GC4MRYN Unknown Cache The Chief's Lost Treasure for cache of the month.

This puzzle called upon common technology in a new way to arrive at the treasure. This is fun one for the whole family. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Wicked (GC4J30T) by berresfamily. Rarely anymore do you find a cache constructed in such a manner. The cache is a Traditional but to get at the log requires a bit of field puzzle sleuthing. Berresfamily is a brand new cacher and right out of the blocks is hitting home runs. Kudos.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Thanks Tiger for COTM! Another neat cache in Lebanon Hills park.

It is a really neat field puzzle. Very well done, with a variety of terrain and difficulty for the multiple stages. It takes some thinking, but it is well worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: