MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody else thinking they will have some time off next week
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Anybody else thinking they will have some time off next week Reply with quote

Are there any other Federal emplopyees out there who think they are going to have some time off without pay thanks to the idiots in congress who can't agree on a budget so they want to shut down the government?

If I can't go to work I figure I might as well go caching. Let me know if anyone else wants to go caching on Wednesday if the Feds shut down.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody else thinking they will have some time off next Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Are there any other Federal emplopyees out there who think they are going to have some time off without pay thanks to the idiots in congress who can't agree on a budget so they want to shut down the government?

If I can't go to work I figure I might as well go caching. Let me know if anyone else wants to go caching on Wednesday if the Feds shut down.

The shutdown can be averted if the spending by the idiots would just be brought under control. Not a government worker but work for a private firm and I believe government workers should feel the same pains as the rest of us Wink

I do have a geocaching road cruise planned next week. Should be my last state park geocaching run, ever. All future state park visits will be camping or coincidental.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federal employees have been feeling the pain. No pay raise in 3 years. No performance awards. Insurance costs increase each year.

The agency I work for doesn't save money by being shut down. It loses money. I am so fed up with the morons in Congress, but let's not go into politics here.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you delete a response?

Last edited by tonkaMN on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
but let's not go into politics here.

ok.. you brought it up. Laughing
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:
Federal employees have been feeling the pain. No pay raise in 3 years. No performance awards. Insurance costs increase each year.

My wife has been in that same situation in the private sector. I think her pay freeze has been going on for 4 years.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 year freeze...

Government Workers (Federal Employees) and Government are two different things...I don't blame Government Workers for any of this...I just blame the Government.

Keep in mind...Congress would still be paid while Federal Employees are not...hence, I don't blame Federal Employees...

As far as politics...that is it from me...no more responses in this thread from me...politics can be a tricky subject to talk about if it isn't face-to-face...
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey Wolf and Wild Rice wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:

My wife has been in that same situation in the private sector. I think her pay freeze has been going on for 4 years.

I've worked for the same firm for 14 years now. Only three raises in those 14 years in spite of stellar reviews. None of us are entitled to the jobs we have.. NONE of us.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:

I've worked for the same firm for 14 years now. Only three raises in those 14 years in spite of stellar reviews. None of us are entitled to the jobs we have.. NONE of us.

Worked my ass off for 14 years + including pay freeze for 3 years, now I have NO job.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
bflentje wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:

Worked my ass off for 14 years + including pay freeze for 3 years, now I have NO job.

It's got to be Bush's fault. There's no one else to possibly blame. Laughing Laughing
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, the company I work for is making money like crazy. We've been so busy we can't take the time to train new employees. With it, the raises, awards, and bonuses have been flowing like water.

I read last week that there are more people employed in Minnesota than at any time in the previous 5 years. There is plenty of money to be made, but you have to be in the right place at the right time. I got lucky.

Austin
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkaMN wrote:

And? Do you think you are alone?
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
tonkaMN wrote:

And? Do you think you are alone?

No, that was my response to Bart who was implying that Federal employees haven't had to suffer like those in the private sector.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustinMN wrote:
Meanwhile, the company I work for is making money like crazy. We've been so busy we can't take the time to train new employees. With it, the raises, awards, and bonuses have been flowing like water.

I read last week that there are more people employed in Minnesota than at any time in the previous 5 years. There is plenty of money to be made, but you have to be in the right place at the right time. I got lucky.

Austin
umm....where do you work?
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
AustinMN wrote:

Austin
umm....where do you work?

I have the same question.. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: