MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks Groundspeak
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Thanks Groundspeak Reply with quote

Quote:
Needs Maintenance – The logbook is full, the geocache is cracked, or the camouflage is a little tattered—these are all good reasons to log your “Found it” then, log a separate “Needs Maintenance.” The geocache owner will appreciate your help and geocachers will appreciate the insight.

http://blog.geocaching.com/
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by AerosmithPA on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Groundspeak Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Quote:
Needs Maintenance – The logbook is full, the geocache is cracked, or the camouflage is a little tattered—these are all good reasons to log your “Found it” then, log a separate “Needs Maintenance.” The geocache owner will appreciate your help and geocachers will appreciate the insight.

"My" camouflage is intentionally 'tattered' Rolling Eyes Exclamation
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Groundspeak Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
King Boreas wrote:
Quote:

"My" camouflage is intentionally 'tattered' Rolling Eyes Exclamation

You snuck in there before I got back. Wink
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am going to start putting in full logbooks from the start, just to really confuse the FTF people... maybe erase one name when you find it... that'll keep em guessing!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
I think I am going to start putting in full logbooks from the start, just to really confuse the FTF people... maybe erase one name when you find it... that'll keep em guessing!

or tear out the top page??? Laughing
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, there should be a "performed maintenance" log option that non-owners can access, and you should get an extra fave point or souvenir or some other useless but slightly gratifying virtual reward.

I think KB had a cache around that theme, it's always awesome when somebody just FIXES the cache vs. posting Needs Maintenance.
pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:

Yeah that happened to me once (on a bflentje cache where he used an old log)
jicknarson
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dornole wrote:
You know, there should be a "performed maintenance" log option that non-owners can access, and you should get an extra fave point or souvenir or some other useless but slightly gratifying virtual reward. .

Yep, I agree...in part. Fixed it, it's good... as far as the log goes.
Souvenir? Not necessary. Just a cache that is ready to be found.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:

Yeah that happened to me once (on a bflentje cache where he used an old log)

Yeah yeah, I didn't mean to.. Embarassed
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Groundspeak Reply with quote

King Boreas wrote:
Quote:

You don't really believe those lackeys at Groundspeak ever actually geocache, do you?
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Groundspeak Reply with quote

knowschad wrote:

You don't really believe those lackeys at Groundspeak ever actually geocache, do you?

+1

I had only recently been made aware of this unfortunate fact...
I Spy.
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed at these seemingly contradictory gc.com pages while I was preparing to renew my membership:

http://www.geocaching.com/premium/
See the text in the GPSr screen within the "Go Paperless" section:
"This stash is located near Priest Lake in the panhandle. It is a 5-gallon white bucket sunk into the ground with about 2 inches of the rim showing and a lid"

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx
Yet their guidelines state: "Geocaches are never buried, neither partially nor completely. If one has to dig or create a hole in the ground when placing or finding a geocache, it is not allowed."

Hmmm.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Spy. wrote:
I laughed at these seemingly contradictory gc.com pages while I was preparing to renew my membership:

http://www.geocaching.com/premium/
See the text in the GPSr screen within the "Go Paperless" section:
"This stash is located near Priest Lake in the panhandle. It is a 5-gallon white bucket sunk into the ground with about 2 inches of the rim showing and a lid"

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx
Yet their guidelines state: "Geocaches are never buried, neither partially nor completely. If one has to dig or create a hole in the ground when placing or finding a geocache, it is not allowed."

Hmmm.

You want hypocrisy, follow the Groundspeak blog. The majority of their COTM's violate the guidelines. I was banned from the national forums for a couple of weeks because I kept pointing out that fact.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this profile. ! Find (the Geocaching Block Party) and 152 Hides

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=892ac9ee-b5e6-49d8-be88-085bfb1fea7d&wid=afea24cb-079f-4efe-8d09-b65a863876a4&ds=2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: