MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CoinTest - Shadow at the Fair
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: CoinTest - Shadow at the Fair Reply with quote

On the Groundspeak Ė Geocoin forum, there are cointests, it is a contest that the winner wins a geocoin. We are taking it local, and since this is not GS forum, we can also mention pathtags, so the runners up will get pathtags.

Shadow is hanging out at the State Fair, you know he was a party rabbit. Your mission if you decide to accept it is to find him, and take a picture. When you have his picture on the State Fairgrounds, email it to: shadow at nosnow dot com. The first three emails, with the correct picture will win a Hopalong Shadow geocoin. The next seven with the correct pictures will get a Shadow Birthday Geocoin. The next 5 correct will win a Shadow pathtag.

Please include in your e-mail your caching name. If you want your coin/pathtag mailed to you, please include your address in your e-mail. Otherwise coins will be delivered at events.

FYI Ė Watch this topic for hints.

Fine Print (without getting fine).
1. You can only win once in the cointest. I.e. you canít send me 15 emails to take all the prizes.
2. Each photo can only win once. I.e. you canít mail the photo to 15 of you friends.

P.C. It appears that this cointest will favor someone with a smart phone, so for those that donít have one, you can send still send a picture or a detail description of where he is. After the prizes have be awarded, we will collect correct entries for the next 2 days and pick three random winners from that bunch.
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Hint Ė you will know it is Shadow as he wants to be your Friend.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes. Very neat. Do we know when friendly shadow will be at the fair?
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRedEP wrote:
oh yes. Very neat. Do we know when friendly shadow will be at the fair?

Well, it a little too early for a hint. But Shadow is currently there and has been practicing his ďHi". He heard that he will be seeing a lot of people soon.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My early guess, if he is smart is near a drinking fountain... or an air conditioning unit. Some added fun for the annual Minnesota Sweat Together!
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a text from Shadow: The Midway is a scary place, and is no place for a little Rabbit! Donít expect to find me there; I hopped away as fast as possible. I do like all the flowers around me, do you think anyone will miss a few.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been saying hi to a lot of rabbits but none of them are saying hi back. I think they are all busy adapting to their new digs. I'll try again later. Tell Shadow hi for me!
Lulilac
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo! This sounds fun. I will be looking for him on Saturday. Smile
Lulilac
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo! This sounds fun. I will be looking for him on Saturday. Smile
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTF?? picture emailed!
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Co-FTF w red devil!??!! Edit: Here's the "More later". I had so much fun looking for Shadow. I'll try to give you a taste of the day without giving too much away. I arrived Thursday to work at the geocaching booth in the afternoon. I spent the morning checking out the rabbit barn and ended up talking to some friendly 4H'ers. They were intrigued by this game! I didn't have luck though because I didn't know very much. Then I came back again later with Oakwilt and we had fun looking around and sharing theories. She had an interesting one that brought us to the historical village. We were a little creeped out at our reasoning, but we were trying to eliminate possibilities. Oakwilt turned on my brain to other possibilities so I gave it more thought all afternoon. Then after closing up shop at the geocaching booth, we headed over to the beer garden and who do we discover there but Shadow's friends! I thought I was in luck that I could weasel info out of them, but they were very tight lipped. Even when I mentioned my next plan of attack, they just smiled and said that sounded like fun. But after the beer garden, I never went there because Red_Devil and I agreed to team up and we pooled all the little nuggets we had gleaned and decided on a different plan of attack. As we were doing our grid search of this thought, we stumbled upon what eventually ended up being where Shadow was. I mentioned to Red that this might be a possibility and wondered aloud how likely this was and how much I DID NOT want to search here. (remember this was the end of a hot day with a beer in me!) She started looking, and since I didn't want to look like a slacker I started looking too. I moved to a new, yet nearby, area, and voila THERE was Shadow!! I couldn't believe my eyes, and Red and I just counted our luck on the bus the whole way back to our cars that it turned out to be a much shorter search than we had anticipated. And since Shadow was hiding in an unexpected way, we were fortunate to stumble upon him. Thanks to both of the CO's for giving us this fun diversion at the fair. I brought J by to say Hi to Shadow on Friday. We'll probably visit again. TFTC. Very Happy

Last edited by KRedEP on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the Red_Devil35 and KRedEP for co FTF. I will have your coins the next time we see you.

Here is the latest from Shadow: Last night after everyone was gone I left my spot and went to the Horticulture Building. That is a neat place, they have some very nice carrots, and I do not think anyone will notice a few missing. But donít expect to see me there as there are some scary hay creatures shooed me away. At my spot I do enjoy seeing the fireworks. And it was fun saying "Hi" to Red_Devil35 and KRedEP they even took a picture with me.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are looking forward to visiting Shadow on Sunday. (Hopefully, there will be enough clues for us to find him them.)
NOSNOW
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the latest from Shadow: I wondered a little far last night and ran into lots of friends in a barn. Some of them had nice Blue ribbons. It was a nice place to visit, but Iím glad I donít lay there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: