MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International EarthCache Day at Boiling Springs 10/12/14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trailbuds
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: International EarthCache Day at Boiling Springs 10/12/14 Reply with quote

If you havenít visited Boiling Springs EarthCache (GC5BP1B), September MnGCA Cache of the Month, come and visit it on October 12th and earn an International EarthCache Day 2014 Souvenir from Groundspeak to add to your collection.

As COs of Boiling Springs, we will be at this EarthCache between 3-5pm with a log sheet for people to sign. For those that sign the log, you will not be required to send in answers to be qualified to sign the cache page as "Found" and you will have earned the special International EarthCache Day 2014 Souvenir.
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun . . . don't know how that day will turn out, but a good reminder to visit this cache that day or when I can!
pippin and merry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! We'll try our best to get there.
oakwilt
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on doing this EarthCache this Sunday. I'll try to be there when you're there.
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I initially became aware of this cache a month or so ago but decided then this was the cache I wanted to do for International EarthCache Day. So nice to see CO's will be there. Can't wait to experience it!
Girldog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fens and I wanted to check this out too. Thanks for doing it late enough on Sunday
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, carp! I headed out the door this morning knowing I was near a milestone, and I knew Boiling Springs wasn't too far outside of my 1000 cache PQ "donut," so I hit it this afternoon. Still, a great visit - been there before looking for traditionals that've been there in the past, but still enjoy visiting. Found out how to make my phone make videos - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW_0GxSMkn4&feature=share and then just spent about 10 minutes sitting there just enjoying the moment. I grew up just outside of Yellowstone, so this reminds me of the mud pots, but with clear water and without the smell of hellfire and brimstone. Also, don't watch my video or visit the site with a full bladder!
kendrick0861
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to try to make it over there before heading to International Falls tonight with my kids. Heard this is a really cool spot from the CO and its going to be a great day today.
Trailbuds
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great turnout. There were 44 signatures on the log and many brought their families. There were probably around 70 people that came out between 3-5pm to see Boiling Springs and there were other that came out earlier in the morning. As COs, we are happy that so many people were able to check it out and hope the interest in this EarthCache continues to spread so more people have a chance to check out this unique environmental phenomenon.
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good time Trailbuds. Very interesting location.
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of Hearts knew about this before it became an earth cache. One day not long ago we were in the area. He said I got something interesting to show you guys. Butcher and I got are first look at this interesting location. We will have to return to make the earth cache visit. Very aggressive mosquito population there as well.
seamusbleu
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not checking this web site enough lately. PC would have loved to join in on this. I've been planning on going to this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: