MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Public Relations Opportunity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Public Relations Opportunity Reply with quote

This doesn't really fit into either media relations or park relations, so I'm posting here--Cathy Denison, with the Science Museum of Minnesota, has sent me the following--
Quote:
Greetings!
I work at the Science Museum of Minnesota. I am
currently coordinating
participants for a special event, Science Fusion:
Bringing Cultures
Together. The theme for our May 22nd Science Fusion
is "Exploring". The
event goes from 12:00-4:00. Having recently heard
about MN Geocaching, I
thought it would be great if your organization were
present at this
event. The event is open to the public and
generally very well attended.
I'm aware that is the same day as the spring/summer event, and she is too--I would do it, but I'm going to be at Camp Ripley that weekend for the guards.
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That actually sounds sort of fun. I wish it wasn't on May 22nd. Thanks for the post 15Tango.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if we hold a prize from the spring/summer event and give it at the following weekend's breakfast to whoever volunteers for 4+ hours at SMM?
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be funny to try and fit both things in in one day.

I'd do it if I got one of the yellow jeep travel bugs when they're dispersed Cool
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.J. was the first board member to fire off an email to gc.com to get yellow jeeps for our association, so you'll have to talk to him, but I have no problem with letting you have one. SMM is a well respected organization not only in Minnesota, but worldwide, so if we get in good with them, it'll probably have a positive impact on our sport, not only in Minnesota, but globally.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually wouldn't mind doing it anyways, though I'm not quite sure what kind of group size they're talking about, or what they're expecting for sure.

Sounds like the kind of thing where a couple people would be good to have at this, the PR would be well worth missing one event for. If I remember right, doesn't the DNR have a small shop or something at the science museum? Wouldn't hurt for them to notice a couple geocachers there helping out.
jonsom
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to help with this, have to check my work schedule.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I got some contact info from 15Tango.

Hey RJ, not to sound greedy, but if I skip the event to do this, can I get one of the Yellow Jeep TBugs when they come in?

Anyone else still interested in helping too?
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC0GRN wrote:
Hey RJ, not to sound greedy, but if I skip the event to do this, can I get one of the Yellow Jeep TBugs when they come in?

IF the yellow tbugs come in, they belong to MNGCA, so I'm not free to give them out myself. If we get between 50-60 like they said, it sounds like there would be enough for everyone. But I'm sure we could set one aside as compensation for missing the Spring Event to do some nice PR work. Thanks for volunteering KC0GRN. Smile It's awesome.
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, just in regards to what 15Tango mentioned, as you were the one that contacted gc.com to get the TBugs.

Well assuming the group gets them, and in that amount, it'd be nice to get one. Like I said, not trying to be greedy, I'd do the PR work anyways, but it would be nice for a little consolation prize on missing the event.
jonsom
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My work schedule is very unpredictable, so I can not commit to helping out with this.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up. My girls and I, and may be even hubby will be there, as long as volunteers don't have to pay admission. I still want my Yellow jeep TB too. We all love the science museium and will be gald to help out. I think we should be able to visit the spring event for a short while on our way in. We can do the whole 4 hours. Send contact persons info' ASAP to work things out. Would be great to be able to get an internet hook up. I can bring my lap top and hubby says if we can get in to their network he can get us out. Guess which one of us is the tech Wink .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, sounds like I have some backup then Smile Hey Wickets, keep me informed on what you learn about when and where to show up, stuff we need, etc.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it's set up. I have the info' and my gang are listed as being there. Any one else coming, KCOGRN, jonsom, any others, e-mail me for info' and with ideas. I also need real names of those planning on coming to get parking and admit' passes. The more the merrier, better diversity of stories and info.

wicketswanderingponypatrol@hotmail.com.

We have internet access, so I'll bring lap top. I'll also bring caching bag with goodies, GPS ofcourse, kids will make table top presentation board, (school project type) book of printed cache pages, I DON'T HAVE ANY TB'S, does any one have a few I can get my hands on. I'll bring a cache set up to go. It will be planted a few days later. I'll bring more than one.

Does MNGCA have any prop's type stuff.

What is the best web page that discribes the science behind GPS?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WicketsWanderingPonyPatro wrote:

What is the best web page that discribes the science behind GPS?

http://www.beyonddiscovery.org/content/view.article.asp?a=458
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: