MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-September 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-September 2013 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although we will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that we are accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for September of 2013. You can submit COTM nominations by using one of the following three methods…1) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send msteffel or I (ArcherDragoon) an Email through Geocaching.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

For full details check here, but the short version - if you find an outstanding cache, reply to this post!!! Nominations for September 2013 Cache of the Month will remain open until the end of the current month (August 31st).

Last edited by Draconisdax on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate I Spy's GC30V8T FTF HOUNDS MN STYLE - Hal-oween.
Link:
http://coord.info/GC30V8T

Starting Coords:
N 44° 54.094' W 093° 33.896'

This is a great historical tour of Excelsior. A lot of thought, time, and research went into making the cache. Excelsior is a great place for walking around, and the cache does a nice job of providing interesting information at each stage. Lots of fun, and worthy of more attention!
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate The Maze. A cache by knowschad: adopted by MNpeguy
http://coord.info/GC2WH0B

No fancy container just a great geocaching adventure. This adventure takes you to a fun and interesting place. Finding the correct way to access The Maze is just the start. Don't miss this one.

Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Turtle Tunnel.
I don't think I've done a cache this hard in the middle of a metropolitan area. It isn't a cache for wimps, (or really tall people), but it was a blast. Read the logs, you'll see how much fun, and how tough, it is.
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Archie's Drive In "World's Easiest Geocache" by CROZZROADZ.

Coordinates: N 45° 16.725 W 093° 49.249

This is literally a drive-up cache, one you can spot from 50-100 feet away. We recently logged this without getting out of the car just to prove it could be done.

A good deal of effort goes into making difficult or evil hides. This cache owner has gone to great lengths to do the opposite, and I think deserves recognition for doing so.

Austin
Wart-Hog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Cache of the Month Nominee. Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Veterans Park(GC9EE5) http://coord.info/GC9EE5

I have enjoyed a few new caches this month, but the most interesting for me was the Cache located on the boardwalk at Veterans Park in Richfield. The cache is located under a floating boardwalk through a wetland. Sitting just inches from the water and surrounded by reeds a great place to check out. Not to mention there is a plain flying over about every 2-3 minutes.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get the voting for this month up and running just as soon as I can...but it will be later today.

Thanks,
Archer
mazzmn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: For Your Eyes Only http://coord.info/GC47072 Reply with quote

Hey all,
I did a quick search and haven't seen For Your Eyes Only by BFlentje as a nominee...so I hearby nominate it.
This is a James Bond based 12 stage multi in Cannon Falls...lots of gadget / field puzzles, walking through a prairie, do some planning before going and bring a friend ....lots of fun!
http://coord.info/GC47072
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won in May
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-body wrote:
It won in May

With no competition Crying or Very sad
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
A-body wrote:
It won in May

Because no one wanted to nominate a cache to go against it?

I watch the logs on your cache and have to say that I'm impressed.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
bflentje wrote:
A-body wrote:
It won in May

Because no one wanted to nominate a cache to go against it?

I watch the logs on your cache and have to say that I'm impressed.

It was a fun experience setting it up and even more fun watching my fellow cachers enjoy it. Very Happy
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do we vote?
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Cache of the Month Nominee. Reply with quote

Wart-Hog wrote:

I have enjoyed a few new caches this month, but the most interesting for me was the Cache located on the boardwalk at Veterans Park in Richfield. The cache is located under a floating boardwalk through a wetland. Sitting just inches from the water and surrounded by reeds a great place to check out. Not to mention there is a plain flying over about every 2-3 minutes.

Won in October of 2003

Edit: Tied...so...not real sure about win...so, it will be included in voting options this month...
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cache of the Month Nominee. Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Wart-Hog wrote:

Won in October of 2003

Edit: Tied...so...not real sure about win...so, it will be included in voting options this month...

Wow, that's an oldie. I think that cache is in the first 100 caches I ever found.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: