MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maple Grove Days (Saturday, July 13)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Maple Grove Days (Saturday, July 13) Reply with quote

I received the following from Katie Hazen:

Quote:
I will be running the Maple Grove Days Geocaching Event again this July. Last summer it was great to have several MNGCA members come out to help with the event. Would you be able to help me recruit MNGCA volunteers again this year?

This year, the event will take place on Saturday, July 13, and there will be three sessions: 9:00-10:30, 10:30 12:00, and 12:00-1:30. I will be using the same set of 20 temporary caches on the portion of Three Rivers Park District land behind Weaver Lake Elementary School in Maple Grove. Volunteers would be responsible for leading small groups of participants to find several caches during each 1.5 hours session.

Please let me know if you would be willing to help out with one or all sessions. I can also give you more details on what we did last year if you send a pm.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't remembered that this was even posted - and I guess everyone else forgot as well. Is anyone available this Saturday to show some potential geocachers the ropes? The caches will already be placed, the coordinates entered, and GPS units available for demonstration.
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK....I'll get the ball rolling.

I can help out for the 10:30 and 12:00 sessions.

Let me know the details.

Who else has some time to devote to getting new geocachers started?
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just need to show up behind Weaver Lake Elementary - in the tree area. Katie had a table set up under the trees and everything set to go.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm available for the 9 am session. Anyone else there want to convert some interested people?
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks to Grey Wolf for coming out and leading new geocaching recruits on some adventures. We had a lot of interested people come out to try it. Maybe you will see them at an upcoming event!
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed taking the groups out and seeing the kids find the caches. They sure were excited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: