MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seasonal Virtuals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Copaman
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Seasonal Virtuals Reply with quote

One of the big thrills of geocaching is visiting places and seeing new things that you didn't expect.

A few years ago, I discovered a house that goes all out for Halloween - in past years they crafted a full-on pirate ship, a UFO, and other things. Tonight, my son said, "Hey, dad, I wonder how they decorated their house this year?" To find out, we jumped into the car and headed into South Minneapolis and saw this year's cool display.

This would make a very cool virtual cache if 1) virtuals were still allowed and 2) the house was decorated more than just a couple of weeks a year. So, I decided to make a thread called "seasonal virtuals" to highlight very cool decorations people make for the holidays.

So, if you find yourself stuck on 35W near the 46th Street exit and want to see something pretty cool, check out these coordinates!

N 44 55.134 W 093 15.756

If you see something cool decorated up for the holidays, get some coordinates and post them in this thread!
RyanLisaKayla
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE this idea!

We know of a house that puts on one of those light shows to music (and then you turn your car radio to the station and listen). The past few years, they've done it for both Christmas and Halloween, but we haven't yet made it over there to check for this Halloween. Guess time is kind of running out, huh?!
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45 16.884N 93 13.525W

A couple houses go in together (or maybe compete with each other). Ghosts, zombies, butcher table, mad scientists, and most anything else gore or horror can be found here.

I have not fully checked it out yet, but I know it's set up for this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: