MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heads up... Sartell spammer.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babeonbon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Heads up... Sartell spammer. Reply with quote

If you have hides in Sartell and parts of St. Cloud, if you can, check your logs. A spammer poop3);'d is logging caches supposedly found but some of them are either missing or very difficult for a new cacher. His logs usually start as dnfs (2 of them) then a log as found it. He usually says nothing in the logs or flat out spoils the find. I read there is a website where folks can see the final hide or something like that so I wonder if this person is using that. We followed his/her logs as far as we could in Sartell yesterday but not a single one had his signature. I've notified some of the CO'S of this and have reported the account to Groundspeak. The account isn't even verified. He found a really difficult cache that several pros couldn't not locate and a multi that is pretty difficult. I don't buy it! Heads up. If you see that user name in your logs be wary!
Babeonbon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cacher has been reported to Groundspeak. He sent me a message after I posted a few notes on caches in Sartell. He said "we don't sign the logs" and called me all sorts of derogatory names. Claims he has found hundreds of caches including two in the ocean yet talks like a pre-teen. Whatever dude. Blocked and Groundspeak's issue now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: