MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Those watching your caches or TB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Those watching your caches or TB Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is any way to see who is watching Rolling Eyes a cache or a TB? I see this up in the corner below your choices for each cache. Sometimes it would be nice to see who is watching a cache or bug that I have either set out (in the case of a cache) or placed (in the instance of a bug).

Please be advised I am not as computer literate as most of you in here. Shocked Razz
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to (maybe) find out who is watching your cache or t-bug is to post a note asking those watching to email you.
team-deadhead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good idea. Every time I post a new cache someone watches it for 3 to 4 weeks and then quits. I donít know if itís my caches they like or is it everyoneís new cache they watch.
Wo-oh, what I want to know is, are you kind?
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you send in a tithe to Jod and become a premium member, you can make your caches "Members Only", and for any MO caches you have, there is a link on the cache page where you can see who looked at the cache page, how many times they looked at it, and when they looked at it.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15Tango wrote:
you can make your caches "Members Only"

MO caches are the antithesis of what geocaching should be about. "All cachers are equal, but some cachers are more equal than others". Don't do it!

Most likely those first watches are from area FTF hounds. FSU, Rouster, yours truly, etc.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you make it "members only" for just two seconds and then back again...and have some idea who's looked at it...

Somebody told me you could do that.
LanceVE
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I recall, it only records the stats WHILE its MO. The two second thing shouldn't work....

Can't hurt to try though....
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Members Only" doesn't address team-deadheads concern. That will tell you who is accessing the cache page. TDH wants to know who has put a watch on the cache, ie. who gets an email any time the cache is logged.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
"Members Only" doesn't address team-deadheads concern. That will tell you who is accessing the cache page. TDH wants to know who has put a watch on the cache, ie. who gets an email any time the cache is logged.

True but you could then make an guess. At least you have a list of name to start with....
mtn-man
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

team-deadhead wrote:
That is a good idea. Every time I post a new cache someone watches it for 3 to 4 weeks and then quits. I donít know if itís my caches they like or is it everyoneís new cache they watch.

Sometimes that is me. I'll watch them for a while and then quit when I see several logs. I kind of watch them out of curiosity. Seeing who is FTF is sort of fun.

Moe is right regarding MOCs. It only shows you who has watched the cache since it was changed to a MOC. The reason why you cannot see who is watching your cache is related to privacy issues. There was a discussion about letting premium members know who is watching their cache(s), but that has not come about.
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtn-man wrote:
Sometimes that is me. I'll watch them for a while and then quit when I see several logs. I kind of watch them out of curiosity. Seeing who is FTF is sort of fun.

That's cool. I was wondering who was watching my "On The Banks of Plum Creek" cache right after it was approved. So far it's been out for 3 weeks and no finds (attempts) and 1 "skunk".
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, T-D and Rickrich "outed" me, so it's time to 'fess up! I do pop the new deadhead caches onto my watchlist when they first show up, I admit it. I like to keep up on the logs until I get there, then usually take it off my watchlist after the next finder visits after me (to make sure I re-hid it ok). And sometimes I'll watchlist it just because it's easier for me to find it later, because I don't always remember the cache name.

I didn't actually realize it was causing anyone any trouble, sorry 'bout that, it's just me! Thanks,

-Ken
team-deadhead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem just had me scratching my head thats all
Wo-oh, what I want to know is, are you kind?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: