MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avian Adventures card question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Avian Adventures card question Reply with quote

Silly question....there's no way we'll be able to visit all the parks before this series runs its course, but if you've done them all....which park features a Pileated Woodpecker on its card? (if any) That's one I'd like to be sure to visit! Thanks.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Avian Adventures card question Reply with quote

Trekkin' and Birdin' wrote:
Silly question....there's no way we'll be able to visit all the parks before this series runs its course, but if you've done them all....which park features a Pileated Woodpecker on its card? (if any) That's one I'd like to be sure to visit! Thanks.

Sakatah SP.
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bart, we'd have made that one anyway. Not completely sure why it didn't happen last year, but...it didn't.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, since Trekkin' and Birdin' started up this thread, I'll add my requests. I've stopped by a record number of parks this year - all 14 of them. I don't know that I am going to make it to any more. I might stop by two more and any along the way if it works out distancewise and depending upon the information I receive. Where would one find a wood duck or goshawk card?

bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aix sponsa wrote:
Okay, since Trekkin' and Birdin' started up this thread, I'll add my requests. I've stopped by a record number of parks this year - all 14 of them. I don't know that I am going to make it to any more. I might stop by two more and any along the way if it works out distancewise and depending upon the information I receive. Where would one find a wood duck or goshawk card?

My spreadsheet has not been updated since my October north shore trip so not sure about any wood ducks. But you can find the Northern Goshawk at Hayes Lake.
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! One on the list. I wasn't all that far off when I made a run for a "new counties in a day" record on the way to Fargo. That was a tough drive making the record with the larger northern counties. I think I'll travel on roads that I haven't taken before if I get the chance to go to Hayes SP. See parts of Minnesota that are new to me. One of the benefits of caching. I had to look up the park. I wasn't aware it existed.

Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary, I got to visit Hayes during the last State Park series and it's a really nice park. Right at the edge of the prairie, but wooded. You'll enjoy it. It's a bit of a reach for us at this point, so I'm glad I got the chance last time around. We figure we'll get all the North Shore ones and whatever is in the northwestern part of the state (where we have a few more pages to visit).
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trekkin' and Birdin' wrote:
Mary, I got to visit Hayes during the last State Park series and it's a really nice park. Right at the edge of the prairie, but wooded. You'll enjoy it. It's a bit of a reach for us at this point, so I'm glad I got the chance last time around. We figure we'll get all the North Shore ones and whatever is in the northwestern part of the state (where we have a few more pages to visit).

I've done about 75% of the avian caches and the north shore ones are by far the best (or toughest) hikes.
Trekkin' and Birdin'
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes us happy, then. We want the hikes. We love caching up there for that reason. Cannot wait!
dornole
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw a Pileated in the yard yesterday. Fine lookin bird
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aix sponsa wrote:
One of the benefits of caching. I had to look up the park. I wasn't aware it existed.

One of the best benefits of caching for me is that I now know what an aix sponsa is. Still can't say it, but I know what it is.
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See her nightly on Duck Dynasty [:O] Love that show.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ALL the parks done, so if anyone wants to know what birds are on what cards don't be afraid to ask.
lansima
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Avian Adventure Reply with quote

We're starting this challenge tomorrow. My son and I got 54 of the Wild Safari cards. Now this time my 5 year old daughter is coming with. I hope she can keep up! Very Happy

Are there coins this year for the 10, 20, 40 etc finds?
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No coins for the avian adventure this year. There is a series for the MN river scenic byway that involves I believe 6 parks and a couple other caches at some scenic byway locals (one is one of mine) that when completed u are able to purchase a coin from Upper Sioux SP when completed. The ones at the SP are right in along with the avian adventure caches, so it would only be an additional couple of caches u would need to find for that series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: