MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SECOND Geocaching Motivations Survey!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eforehand
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: SECOND Geocaching Motivations Survey!!! Reply with quote

Dear Geocaching Community,

Our group at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) is continuing our research on Geocacher Motivations. Based on the responses from our initial survey, we have constructed a second one that is more targeted. It will help us gather quantitative data on what motivates Geocachers to play the game.
If you would like to support our efforts by providing your views, please fill out the short survey at the URL below. Your participation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

http://tinyurl.com/WPIGeocachingSurvey2-EN

Also, please circulate this to any geocaching circles you may know of!

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert W. Lindeman, Amirhossein Farvardin, Elizabeth Forehand
If you have any questions or concerns email us at geocachingsurvey@wpi.edu Very Happy
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts from people who filled out the survey? Who didn't?
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the first and this one. I took it a few days ago and now really don't remember much about it. I know it asked some questions about how many trackables I have moved and how many I own. At first those types of questions seemed daunting, but I easily found them on my profile or statistics page. It also asked some questions about my motivations for geocaching. It was interesting the types of questions they asked...and didn't ask. Made me wonder what the purpose of the survey was.
PackaDad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filled them both out. I think I added to the comments about some of the reasons I have enjoyed some of the well thought out urban caches in addition to those more nature-inspired ones they seemed to be asking about. I have enjoyed learning more about the local history of places I have visited looking for caches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: