MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Northern Star Council University of Scouting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a26cinvader
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Northern Star Council University of Scouting Reply with quote

Hey all--

This spring, Northern Star Council's University of Scouting on April 20 at Lakeville South High School is going to be offering a class called "Geocaching to Promote Scouting". The description reads:

Learn how to set up a geocaching course or how to use public courses in your unit. Scouting is "a game with a purpose." Geocaching is the game, learn its purpose.

I'm looking for an instructor for this two hour course--preferably a scouter. Anyone interested?
team_geomonkey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! I would, but am already committed to attend Trainers Edge all day out there.
a26cinvader
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

team_geomonkey wrote:
awesome! I would, but am already committed to attend Trainers Edge all day out there.

Would you be interested in delaying taking Trainer's EDGE until June 22? We'll be offering it on that day as well.....
team_geomonkey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already promised the hubby no scouting stuff that weekend Smile -- it's Back to the 50's and he's got a car to drive. I need to get Trainers Edge done for Wood Badge. There are a few on the forum that have taught in the past. I can shoot an email out to a couple of folks out in our district that teaches geocaching as well.
team_geomonkey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you shoot me an email with your contact information?

mtportz@charter.net

I have someone interested, he just needs to know what time so it doesn't conflict with his work schedule. I will connect the two of you.
jessetravis
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is one of the great event organized as it teaches many things about scouting and it is really fun attending it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: