MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Family Pizza Night!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Family Pizza Night! Reply with quote

Don't miss the next family pizza night at Broadway Pizza in November!

MnGCA's November Pizza Pie Event
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Family Pizza Night for December has been published!

MnGCA Chilly Dec. Pizza Event - LeSeuer
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. Thanks. Friday, November 5. I'll be there with the geokids! Wink
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that the next pizza event in the Twin Cities is coming up. After all the issues we've had at our last three events at the original Broadway Pizza on Broadway, we've changed the location and I have been assured that we will be well taken care of at the newer Crystal location. Be sure to join us!
MnGCA Loco Mixed Up Cinco de Mayo Pizza Event[/url]
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPMinnesota wrote:
Just a reminder that the next pizza event in the Twin Cities is coming up. After all the issues we've had at our last three events at the original Broadway Pizza on Broadway, we've changed the location and I have been assured that we will be well taken care of at the newer Crystal location. Be sure to join us!

What problems did you experience?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
EPMinnesota wrote:

What problems did you experience?

VERY slow service from what I recall. I am sure they were notified we would have a large group, and they had one, maybe two people to wait on us.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last 3 events we had there the service got progressively worse. From verrrrry slow service to the last time we were there not only were people that had been there at 6:30 just getting their orders at 8:30 when we were leaving but also there was a line to get and pay for our checks. People wanted to leave at 8:30 or so and couldn't because they literally COULDN'T pay. They had no check so a line formed. They checkout was a complete disaster because then they had to find each persons bill. It was a disaster and the final straw.
We used to have a wonderful server that along with a helper could handle our entire crowd. He was also great for giving us free rootbeer refills. We asked about him the next time we were there and he wasn't and they just said he didn't work there anymore. Too bad. He was great!
Service was never the same for our group after that and deteriorated to the point that we just couldn't go back.
KRedEP
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and they didn't rent out canoes.
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they know what to expect with our crowd? 4nhand & I were at the Crystal location recently & tried to visualize where they had enough room for us. Maybe we didn't see the entire place?
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can old over 200 people. They said the restaurant is divided in half and we'll have one half. They do know what to expect because I've been in contact with both managers and they know what we experienced at the other location. They were one of the locations I was working on for the Feb 29th event and we decided they couldn't accomodate us. The May 5th event will be a trial run. It's usually the lowest attended of our 4 pizza events a year so we should have no problem.
Tropicalloon
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, for the clarification Carol! 4nhand & I were making runs to the ladies room to pick off the many ticks we'd acquired earlier that day. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to the restaurant overall. It is really nice & service was excellent! I have a graduation to attend at 5pm in Eden Prairie, so I hope I'll have time to make the pizza event.
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the last Pizza Night at the original Broadway Pizza, I remember how hard it was to wave down the waiter to get a beverage and then to get a menu and then to place my order, then I ended up paying $57 plus tax and tip for one (or was it two?) beer and one order of wings (and even though I should have disputed it, I just paid it because I wanted to get out of there). So pretty much anything would be an improvement - I do have to admit, they do have a decent atmosphere, and it was nice of them to give us that much space (albeit only two wait staff) for our li'l geocacher gathering.
Sharknose Bunnies
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's just us.

Three of my son's school's basketball teams had a large group (probably 40 people) at the original Broadway location and the service was non-existent.

On the other hand, my daughter's basketball team had an event at the Crystal Broadway Pizza location and service was better.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new Pizza Ranch in Maplewood, right next to the Maplewood Mall. They have two rooms for party's; I think the board should setup a Family Pizza night here for sometime in the near future!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was the original Broadway pizza chosen once again last weekend?
See logs http://coord.info/GC44F1B

With its history of bad service, maybe to blame for a low turnout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: