MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm sure there couldn't be a geocacher in the mix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aix sponsa
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: I'm sure there couldn't be a geocacher in the mix Reply with quote

Quote:
Blizzard leaves hundreds of drivers stuck on highways overnight

Hundreds of drivers spent a fearful, chilly night stuck on highways in a blizzard that plastered New York’s Long Island with more than 30 inches of snow.

Undoubtedly all geocachers on a streak or filling a calendar had the sense to stay home and end the progress they had made...right? Rolling Eyes Then, again, would anyone admit that is why they are out there?

schmittfamily
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought getting your car stuck trying to get a cache is what separated the cachers from the pretenders....
Rustynails
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schmittfamily wrote:
I thought getting your car stuck trying to get a cache is what separated the cachers from the pretenders....

I got stuck last week when my car hit some snow covered ice. Embarassed I was coming around a corner on a country road and my car ended up in the ditch. I tried to dig myself out with no luck. After an hour a couple of nice ice fishermen came to help. They would not use their truck to pull me out as they were afraid of being liable for damage. I said to them, I would not sue. They still refused. I guess to many lawyers now days are making people afraid to help. Sad

They did give me a push while I worked the car and that was all it took to get me back on the road. I thanked the very nice guys and off to the next cache. Very Happy
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pulled people out before, but make them hook up the tow rope.
THat way if something breaks, it's their fault. I usually check it first though, and advise them of a better location.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: