MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lunch Thief
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Lunch Thief Reply with quote

Geocachers are smart folks and come up with some brilliant ideas, so I thought I would throw this out to see what you can come up with.

I work in an office with 80-100 people. We have two refridgerators that we keep our lunches in. It seems that there is someone in the office that cannot resist leftover pizza and whenever anyone brings leftover pizza for lunch it disappears before lunchtime. I found this out firsthand yesterday. I asked around, but nobody saw anybody eating my pizza.

My co-workers have come up with a few ideas for dealing with this thief, like putting one of those exploding dye packets from the bank in the bag, but those aren't that easy to get.

What ideas do you guys have for me?
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat poison?
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
Rat poison?

I might get in trouble for that Shocked
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Put it in a container that doesn't make it look like pizza.

2. In a container that blocks light (paper bag) add a novelty buzzer that is light activated.

3. Unfortunately, don't bring pizza.

(I worked with this issue before, but no food was safe. Thankfully, that person was transferred.)
timewellspent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
1. Put it in a container that doesn't make it look like pizza.

Ammo Can?!

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
2. In a container that blocks light (paper bag) add a novelty buzzer that is light activated.

Ammo Can?!
beagleboo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add a few realistic replica toy cockroaches. Or, apply a little green food coloring for that mold look.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've ever seen the work refrigerators that have been at every job I've worked I am wondering why in your right mind you would take someone else's food.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin, to catch his wife opening her Christmas gifts early, attached a window alarm sensor inside a gift box, wrapped it, and placed it under the tree with her name on it. The 'screamer' was placed nearby. The gift was opened, of course, and the alarm went off, very loudly.

I would imagine a sturdy cardboard pizza box would work just as well.
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great ideas. I wonder what everyone would think of an ammo can in the fridge? I have some of those door alarms, I wonder if I could rig one up in a baggie of pizza?
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll get a personal pan pizza, eat it and then put one of those door alarms inside the box so it goes off when the box is opened then sit back and listen for the alarm.
mnfishnutz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we are geocachers here. Refrigerated container run on some sort of battery and find a way to hide it. Maybe the coworker wouldn't look in a light pole skirt? Laughing
AustinMN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of the farmer who was always having his watermelons stolen.

One day, he put up a sign. "One of these watermelons is poisoned."

The next day, he checked the sign. The "One" was scratched out and someone scrawled "Two."

------

My suggestion would be to add a special ingredient to the pizza. Not something harmful, but something that would cause him/her to pause before stealing lunch again. I'm thinking a sprinkling of 5-alarm hot sauce, or adding a good deal of salt to the sauce. Obviously this would be meant to only be bait for the thief, not your real lunch. Maybe put it with some brownies made with Ex-lax...

But in reality, most of the places I have worked, stealing (including stealing from fellow employees) was grounds for immediate termination. Stealing someone's lunch isn't worth risking their job (unless it's a really lousy job). So perhaps the best deterrent might be a sign that says:

"Steal a Lunch or keep your job. It's your choice."

Austin
RudeRat
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
Rat poison?
Shocked
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ink is the right idea, just not the exploding part though. Lift the cheese and put a bunch of colored dye on the pizza, then replace the cheese. Put that one piece of pizza on top (if there are many). It's very possible that the culprit will eat the pizza and not even know that his teeth are now very stained (temporarily) blue or red or orange (blue looks funniest)! You'll find your thief, and he will be so embarrassed that he will not do that again. Just don't forget though and eat it yourself!

And to be more precise, make the dye "small drops" so that if he/she bites and looks at the pizza, hopefully the dye drops will either be taken in completely with the bite.

By the way, this is an awesome fun prank to do to friends or family just for fun as well. Twisted Evil
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<ore great ideas. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: